PDA

View Full Version : beam connects to the symbolic lines of the collumn family

Bross
November 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hi there,

i created a collumn with 2d symbolic lines that repersents the centerlines of the profile.
Only problem is the connecting steel beams will set back automatic, reacting on the 2d lines instead of the geometry of the collumn.

Any idea on how the add some 2d symbolic lines into a steel collumn family without the conecting beams reacting on those lines?

I've tried to add ref plane with reference set to "not a reference", tying the 2d lines on these ref plane.This doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks

jh75
November 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I have had the same problem when adding line work (detail not model lines) to beams and/or column. I wanted to achieve exactly the same as you ie add the Cl.’s for columns. One suggestion was to add the lines to an annotation family which you then load into your column family.

Cheers,

johk

Bross
November 9th, 2012, 04:39 AM
ok thanks,

This was a suggestion, but did it work? Did you try? I will try this.

jh75
November 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Hi,

Yes I did try it.
The problem I have though is that the symbol doesn’t always show up – as it does when you use drafting lines. I haven’t been able to narrow it down to why but I think it has to with “where” I view/ cut the column ie at the base or viewing from the top.

jh

Bross
November 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM
ok i've tried the solution.
The beam now connect to the collumn, that part works for so far.
Is there a familytype that doesn't react on the scale factor when loaded in to the project.
I need to add a dimension as parameter, where i can set it to be a certain amount of distance.
for instance i say it has to be 150mm longer than the profile, it has to stay that way, no matter if the scale is 1:100 or 1:20.
I'll look on to that, if there is a solution.

Bross