PDA

View Full Version : Show slab edges in Plan View

mdradvies
May 12th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I know there were some threads about this somewhere, but since there's so much talking going on recently I can't find them anymore.
I recently came across this tip on how to manage the way Revit shows your Slab Edges in Plan View:

Add the following to the Revit.ini file:

[Graphics] (only if this chapter doesn't excist yet...)
HiddenSlabEdge=xxx (with xxx being All, Itself, Other or None, see image)

Now, I haven't tested this since I stay far far away from critical system files (I'm kind of the unfortunate nephew of Laurel and Hardy with those things. Just opening the folder would probably totally break down Revit and delete all rvt-files on my harddrive).

So I would like to hear from you guys if this is the Golden Solution for these problems. It might just prompt me to have a try...

Munkholm
May 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Not working for me in neither 2011 or 2012... Would be sweet though!

Still have all my rvt files on my harddrive BTW (AND in the cloud based backup of course)

mdradvies
May 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Cool, this actually does work for me... Should have probably mentioned that this only works when you set the View Discipline to Structural...

Munkholm
May 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cool, this actually does work for me... Should have probably mentioned that this only works when you set the View Discipline to Structural...

Now you tell me... :) Yes, it works like a charm when discipline is set to structural :beer:

maxwell
December 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
I am still getting a line in plan at the point where the thickened slab meets the floor slab. What is your view range set to? Any other ideas on how to get rid of this line and only show the actual bearing width??