PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a topic for the future Live Sessions

Munkholm
February 9th, 2012, 10:51 PM
In this thread you are encouraged to suggest new topics for future Live Session. But please remember that the presenters do this in a voluntarily basis, and in the end, it's up to the presenters to decide the topics.

If you'd like to volunteer as a presenter, please PM one of the admins, who'll then provide you with the necessary info.

cellophane
February 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I mentioned it in the other thread, but a session on Shared Paramaters and all their goodness would be nice.

Alex Cunningham
February 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
A session on family constraint controls would be helpful. Showing all the hidden secrets and nuances of the family editor...
This might be something that could become many live sessions, each session talking about a few family templates.

jbenoit44
February 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I would vote for a "Revit MEP for n00bs" session.

theshell07
February 11th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Session on massing will be great. .

Site Modelling- Working on heavy contours, site sections, roads on steep contours will be interesting. ..

Ecotect. . .

rkitect
February 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Alex, Since I'm in the middle of doing a Family creation series on my blog, with Munk's consent I would like to continue that series in the form of Live sessions here so long as I can cross post my methods and use the videos on my blog. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

dzatto
February 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I second that. Families are the hardest thing for newbies to get a grip on. At least it was / is for me. I'm getting there, though!

bangobeat
February 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I would vote for a "Revit MEP for n00bs" session.

I am up for this one, would benefit me a lot.

rkitect
March 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I would like to ask if we could start the family creation series sessions a bit earlier than we have been. My schedule is filling up fast for a project it would be beneficial for me to be able to do these about 3 hours earlier than we have been. I wanted to get a response from you peeps and see what the reaction looked like.

jbenoit44
March 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM
In the meantime of this great Families sessions series; I was wondering if their will be a place for a guy who will be volunteer to share some knowledge about some of the greatest addins that are available for free or less on the net, what they can do , what they can't, and some use cases for me.

I think this should be one session that could be more interactive, as a lot of questions may come from the attendees. Let see what could happen.

Carl, what is your agenda for the third session?

Comments are welcome. cheers.

feio
March 12th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I am preparing something about DB + API, but it is taking more time than I thought. It won´t be ready in a short term.
The API is too complex to condense in 1 hour and there are already some cool videos from devtv available.
And you are right, julien, interactivity is an issue.

rkitect
March 24th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Carl, what is your agenda for the third session?

Per request during the last session, I'll be going over the transition of a family between SD, DD and CD phases of a model. Feel free to set up a session whenever!

jbenoit44
May 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I've already talk a bit about this, so now it's time to schedule this one.

I propose some introduction and basics on my favorite free API tools, coming from various sources, but mainly the uses I've found in testing WF tools, playing with parameters.

So meet me at a live session that will take place: may 24th at 8.00 pm UTC :bb:

comments are welcome!!!

PS: Klaus, ok for you to set this?

Munkholm
May 14th, 2012, 10:45 PM
....So meet me at a live session that will take place: may 24th at 8.00 pm UTC :bb:

comments are welcome!!!

PS: Klaus, ok for you to set this?

Sure thing! We welcome all and any initiative to present a live session. Just create a new thread similar to the ones Carl have been posting (see the archive), I'll then stick the thread and restart to counter.

Goahead
August 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Hey guys

Where can I find previous sessions, especially the once about shared parameters?

ahmed_hassan
August 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
ChecK here first post from revittotd
http://www.revitforum.org/live-sessions-archive/7966-live-session-family-creation-series-4-a.html

amoursol
December 29th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Dynamo if possible!!