Thread: Drag & Select limited to non-hosted objects

Current Local Time
    03:50 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Drag & Select limited to non-hosted objects

I'm working on the HVAC side of an MEP project in Revit. Lately (and not of my own doing) I've noticed that elbows and equipment have become greyed out independently of the visibility graphics settings- I managed to fix this by altering the Halftone/Underlay settings under Manage/Additional Settings. Unfortunately, however, everything that was greyed also shows a new behavior in that I cant select them by drawing a box over them...

...so I can drag a selecting box out around a run of duct, and it will select the ductwork, but not the elbows or any fans that I have associated with the run. These can only be selected by clicking on them individually. The only commonality I've been able to deduce about all the non-selectable pieces is that they're hosted objects, whereas ducts or pipes work off of a reference level.

Any ideas? This is making some revision work I'm doing incredibly tedious...

Current Local Time
    01:50 AM

Are the greyed out objects maybe on a different workset or design option? I'll occasionally find a strangely behaving duct fitting, and find that it was created by trimming 2 sections of duct/pipe that were on a different workset than the current workset.

Current Local Time

I only discovered design options this morning, and after this problem arose- I've used it to make the architectural backgrounds un-selectable... in this case, I can still select the elements by clicking on them, I just can't make a group selection by dragging my mouse.

I double checked: my ducts, elbows and grilles are in the mechanical workset, and my fans/equipment are in the mechanical-electrical set.

Current Local Time

In addition: I can copy a run of pipe or duct from the job that I described, paste it into a new job and the fittings can be selected by a dragging out a box. The answer lies somewhere in the project settings...