Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text on two lines:

Current Local Time
    01:15 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Text on two lines:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows the trick for getting text to show up on two lines - but for a title block / sheet.

Just in case this doesnĺt make any sense the trick I am referring to is the one where - through the properties pallet, on any given text parameter, you can hit ctrl+enter and the text will force down to two or more lines. I think you have to put the text right beside each other, like this:

FloorPlan - which would look like:

Floor
    Plan

Seems to work with tags etc., but it does not work for sheets / title block families. Whenever I try the ctrl+enter trick it gives me this warning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Text trick.JPG  

Current Local Time
    12:15 AM

Typically I just create a shared parameter which allows me to put a top line and bottom line. I haven't tried this since 2009, but you can try typing the text, with the line return in an editor which shows the line return character (like Notepad++) and then copy/paste the line return character. I doubt this will work in 2011/12 but it may be worth a shot. You may also want to try Shift+Enter and Alt+Enter to see if you can get the line return to work.

"I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Current Local Time
    10:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jj Mac View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows the trick for getting text to show up on two lines - but for a title block / sheet.

Just in case this doesn’t make any sense the trick I am referring to is the one where - through the properties pallet, on any given text parameter, you can hit ctrl+enter and the text will force down to two or more lines. I think you have to put the text right beside each other, like this:

FloorPlan - which would look like:

Floor
    Plan

Seems to work with tags etc., but it does not work for sheets / title block families. Whenever I try the ctrl+enter trick it gives me this warning:
    have you tried Ctrl-M ?

Current Local Time

AFAIK Shift > Enter works with tags but not title blocks. We use a shared parameter for the second line.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by renogreen View Post
    AFAIK Shift > Enter works with tags but not title blocks. We use a shared parameter for the second line.
    Ctrl-M works mighty fine in titleblocks. See attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ctrl-M.png  

Current Local Time
    06:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    Ctrl-M works mighty fine in titleblocks. See attached
    Thing is with that method though you're breaking the point of parameters somewhat by combining fields into the one, I mean, sure, it works, but would it not be easier to not use the carriage return "trick" and have SP fields for the contractor's address, phone number and such? Personally, I'm fond of exploiting the "Project Information" category in this way - but that might just be me.

Current Local Time

I don't get how the Crtl>M works. I get nothing when I do it. Am I missing something?

Current Local Time
    07:15 AM

I have two Labels in mine. One is short, one is long, both use the same Parameter. Also both are bottom justified. Visibility is controlled by Type Parameter. So my 1 and 2 module view titles use the short version, and the text will stack up, the rest use the single line at 3 modules wide, as a title longer than that is just silly.

Gordon

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by renogreen View Post
    I don't get how the Crtl>M works. I get nothing when I do it. Am I missing something?
    no, it seems like it's not doing anything until you get done and there are carriage returns where you have done a Ctrl-M

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by snowyweston View Post
    Thing is with that method though you're breaking the point of parameters somewhat by combining fields into the one, I mean, sure, it works, but would it not be easier to not use the carriage return "trick" and have SP fields for the contractor's address, phone number and such? Personally, I'm fond of exploiting the "Project Information" category in this way - but that might just be me.
    you may be right but from my perspective originally, when frankly I wasn't to keen on how to set up parameters, I thought that since I make a title block and add the information at the front end of a project, then work on that project for 6 months, it still doesn't seem to worth the trouble to use parameters and not Ctrl-M. Of course there's just me here so if I was somewhere where there were multiple people working on multiple projects then parameters would win hands down.