Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Best fonts for annotation

Current Local Time
    01:13 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLarson View Post
    I know some that would send in an RFI and feign confusion until they could find a way to issue a change order
    Hahaha. So true.

2.    #102
    Current Local Time
    04:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    Have you looked at the Automating Automation stuff that Andreas Dieckman has been doing? There might be a way to streamline it even more

edit - I also get two errors when I run it, although it seems to process everything even with the errors.

I've just started preparing to switch over our text and have determined that some parameter results were coming up as null. This gets rid of the warning for people that care.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Style Script Errors.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	37770

Also don't forget to get rid of pull-downs in your script as much as possible. 2020 has added categories, types, etc. so try using by name if possible. You can use clockwork to get element types.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Style Script Errors 02.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	37771

Thanks, John Pierson for the pull-down tip and Greg for the original text style script.

3.    #103
    Current Local Time
    03:13 AM

Well, I'm old enough to not use I, O, or Q, for grids--a legacy of when everything was drafted by hand (and that "Q" was complicated even with a Leroy set). Also, back in those days we all used diazio "resist" printing, so any blemish on the paper, or the printing paper would end up in the print. We uses sepia prints a lot, too, and the resolution of those could hadd "fuzz' to things that must needs be precise.

This woudl be followed for lettered Keynots, as well.

I'm alos old enough to have a habit of skipping over "13" just to avoid any issues by the supertitious. (Who might be clients, GCs, etc.)

4.    #104
    Current Local Time

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Back on topic, I'd love to be able to introduce Lexend. it's actually a scientifically designed font, brushed for best readability on screen and in print. It's slightly complicated in that t does not meekly follow typographic convention, but is organized more to need. Lexend Grand is a larger type scale that is not "bolder" nor more "expanded" than the non-grande.

However, I'm far too well versed in "we've never dunnit before" stubbornness.

For the curious, Lexend is open-source.

5.    #105
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMac View Post
    Back on topic, I'd love to be able to introduce Lexend. it's actually a scientifically designed font, brushed for best readability on screen and in print. It's slightly complicated in that t does not meekly follow typographic convention, but is organized more to need. Lexend Grand is a larger type scale that is not "bolder" nor more "expanded" than the non-grande.

However, I'm far too well versed in "we've never dunnit before" stubbornness.

For the curious, Lexend is open-source.
    Good looking font! I might have to have my Dynabatcher convert a copy of the Template to it, to see if i like it.

6.    #106
    Current Local Time
    01:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLarson View Post
    I know some that would send in an RFI and feign confusion until they could find a way to issue a change order
    That is funny.

No question, all work on site would grind to a halt as a conseqence of the tremendous confusion created by the documents. Tremendous time delays, tell us what to do please.

7.    #107
    Current Local Time
    10:13 PM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Im quite fond of Gost Common
    easy to read & can fit more in a line than Arial
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gostcommon.png  

8.    #108
    Current Local Time
    09:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Then there is that... horrid set of **** coming out of the UK, that im not even going to address, lol.
    That made me laugh, thanks.

This could apply to so many things currently but in general I despair of our country's tendency to over-elaborate - or maybe it is just the BSI - or maybe it is just me not being clever enough

9.    #109
    Current Local Time

We use Calibri over here for almost everything. A few things like view titles and other titleblock info are Century Gothic. For most text we do Calibri 3/32". For dimensions we do 3/32" Calibri set to 0.8 width, and spaces suppressed. We even have our SpecLink spec software set to Calibri for specifications.

We transitioned to Calibri back about 5-6 years ago, coming from that nasty old ArchiText font. I liked that font when I was younger, but now after using Calibri, ArchiText just looks YUCKY!
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; November 15th, 2019 at 06:20 PM.