Thread: Insert a door in curtain wall

Current Local Time
    03:53 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Insert a door in curtain wall

Hello,

I really need an urgent help.
    I am a beginner and got stuck 3 days in insert a door in curtain wall and also a stair from level zero to one.
    Could some one contact me to help as I have to deliver it

Current Local Time
    04:53 PM

You can exchange a glass panel in a curtail wall for a door. Select the glass (use the TAB key to select it easily).
    It is most likely locked, so unlock the panel and change it to a door by choosing the right door in your properties panel. You do need to have the right door in your project of course.

Attached is a door we use in our curtain walls you can use to reverse engineer if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current Local Time

Placing a stairs should be easy, just choose the 2 levels it needs to connect in the properties panel before placing it (can do that after too, but I think it is better before).

Current Local Time
    09:53 AM

If you have about 20-30 minutes, there is a brief curtain wall primer available here:

Part 1: Revit TotD ? 6.5.09: Curtain Wall Series.1 | Navigating the waters.
    Part 2: Revit Totd ? 6.8.09: Curtain Walls.2 | ?WHY CAN?T I MOVE GRIDS!??!??
    Part 3: Revit TotD ? 6.9.09: Curtain Walls.3 | The Curtain Panel
    Part 4: Revit TotD ? 6.10.09: Curtain Walls.4 | Curtain Wall Doors <<< this is the one about doors!
    Part 5: Revit TotD ? 6.11.09: Curtain Walls.5 | Advanced Curtain Wall Types

Unfortunately they have not been updated from when they were done in the pre-ribbon universe, but the same methods still apply :] Hope this helps!

Current Local Time
    03:53 PM

Thank you all,
    first problem after i deleted the bottom mulin from the door I can not choose the panel , I tap on it I tried a lot but I can not

with the stair I could not make it connected to the roof I mean to make an opening from the end of the stair and the roof :

Current Local Time

You should be able to pick the panel by clicking on the sides of it, try one of the otters if the bottom is hidden or does not work, using TAB if needed. Clicking in the middle of the panel will not work usually.

Either create a level for the top of your stairs or give the stairs a manual height. Stairs will not create the opening in the roof or floor, you will have to do that manually.

"I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Current Local Time
    07:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Somaya View Post
    Thank you all,
    first problem after i deleted the bottom mulin from the door I can not choose the panel , I tap on it I tried a lot but I can not

with the stair I could not make it connected to the roof I mean to make an opening from the end of the stair and the roof :
    tabbing to find a curtain panel is sometimes a chore especially if your curtain wall mullion profiles have glazing pockets designed in them. When that happens I just crossing window select and filter the panel, like this

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Somaya View Post
    Thank you all,
    If you are using 2015 or later, you should also be sure that you have the Pinned Objects selection filter turned off so that you can select panels. If they are tabbed and this selection filter is turned on you will not be able to select it (but you probably wouldn't have been able to select the mullion either so I'm not sure this is the issue)

Current Local Time

I should clarify: If the Mullion type, Panel type or grid dimensions are defined in the Curtain Wall type, then when you create an instance of that wall type all of these objects will be locked by default. If you have the pinned object selection filter activated, then you will not be able to select those objects until after you unpin them or disable the selection filter.