Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: COLORBOND« steel Texture Library for Revit - LYSAGHT Content "Beta Version"

Current Local Time
    08:11 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

COLORBOND« steel Texture Library for Revit - LYSAGHT Content "Beta Version"

Hi Everybody,

SteelSelect.com have released our steel roofing & walling package for LYSAGHT content, It's free to downloads and is available at the following link:

http://steelselect.com/content/viewresource.php?id=4613

Profiles included in this package include: CUSTOM ORB«, CUSTOM BLUE ORB«, WALLCLAD«, TRIMDEK«, TRIMWALL«, SPANDEK«, PANELRIB«, MULTICLAD«, MINI ORB«, LONGLINE 305«, KLIP-LOK« 406, KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH«, INTEGRITY« 820 & EASYCLAD«.

At this stage we are calling it our "Beta Version", we are hoping that some of your feedback can help us improve this package so please let us know your thoughts.

Regards
    Richard M
    Last edited by RichardM; August 18th, 2011 at 03:26 AM.

Current Local Time
    09:41 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you Richard,
    These roofing and walling textures will be tremendous.
    Over the years I have taken advantage of the excellent library of resources for sketchup revit use you have on that site, as well the specification service and other areas. If only more Australian suppliers saw the sensibility and long term goodwill of having their products available in these formats freely on a well built website.
    I have personally used it as well as pointing students of building design in that direction, who are now well versed in the resources available from there, and will carry that knowledge of your product with them as they enter the building and construction industry.
    I have no affiliation with the website or its owners, I just appreciate a good product.

cheers
    Last edited by biff; July 31st, 2011 at 02:43 AM.

Current Local Time
    08:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    Thank you Richard,
    These roofing and walling textures will be tremendous.
    Over the years I have taken advantage of the excellent library of resources for sketchup revit use you have on that site, as well the specification service and other areas. If only more Australian suppliers saw the sensibility and long term goodwill of having their products available in these formats freely on a well built website.
    I have personally used it as well as pointing students of building design in that direction, who are now well versed in the resources available from there, and will carry that knowledge with them as they enter the building and construction industry.
    I have no affiliation with the website or its owners, I just appreciate a good product.

cheers
    i second what biff said, i've been using steelselect resources since 2009 and find them invaluable
    I'm downloading these materials as i type, thanks Richard!

Current Local Time

biff & Elton: Thanks for all the positive words!

Developing CAD content is an ongoing challenge and we value your feedback in creating better content. The current package utilises bmp images, one request that we have received, is that we consider creating bump maps – is this a good idea?

"Mark Twain"
    Current Local Time
    10:41 AM

I haven't used your stuff (other side of the world, some names sound familiair but I still need to find out whether it's sold here), but I would say that having bump maps would be great. It's a time consuming process (open in editor, save as black&white, close again) but very necessary for a good rendering.

Current Local Time
    12:41 PM

Awesomeness - really needed this last week but I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.

Current Local Time
    09:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    biff & Elton: Thanks for all the positive words!

Developing CAD content is an ongoing challenge and we value your feedback in creating better content. The current package utilises bmp images, one request that we have received, is that we consider creating bump maps ľ is this a good idea?
    That would complete the set, so to speak, and many renderers would thank you. Especially for products like the orb, and the kliplock, look great in relief wouldn't they.
    However, the important ones to get out are the actual products.
    In other words, if you want to go the extra mile do so by all means, it would be appreciated.
    And know there are people out there who like goodwill.

cheers.

Current Local Time

Hi
    We are after some feedback, on our test machine we were having trouble with the support path of the images and were considering changing the instructions to add the package to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\". Has anyone had similar problems with linking to the images outside the standard material library path?

regards
    Richard

Current Local Time

Hi

We updated the package on SteelSelect.com and it seems to be fine when added to the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\" path.

regards
    Richard

Current Local Time
    11:41 AM

Richard, what kinda "trouble" where you having ??

I┤d prefer to save the textures on a network drive, i.e.: X:\Revit\Materials\SteelSelect\
    Should not cause any "trouble" if you add the path to: Options -> Rendering (See attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renderpath.PNG 
Views:	131 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	3543