Thread: Working with Tags, Lighting Plans, and Power Plans

Current Local Time
    04:45 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Working with Tags, Lighting Plans, and Power Plans

Hello everyone. This is probably a beginner/basic question I should have the answer to, but unfortunately I do not.

Basically, I have 2 views, Lighting and Power, that I overlay on top of each other in the sheet (due to the size of the project, it doesn't make sense to have separate sheets for them). But the problem is dealing with all the tags. In some cases the tags, notes, and text will overlay each other from the lighting plan and power plan. I can't tell what's happening as I lay things out and tag along, until I look at my sheet.

So the question is, how do I deal with this? How can I best coordinate the tags and text across 2 views? Right now I just lay things out, go to the sheet, and fix what I need to fix. But this is a very slow process...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Current Local Time
    11:45 PM

If you have overlapping views on a sheet, you have to Tab+Select to pick the "other" View. Once you do, then you can Activate the View, which clearly shows both views at the same time, only the non-Active view becomes faded, allowing you to coordinate text between two views.

But, you should be able to do this in a single View. Use RCP, and set the cut plane low enough to show all the receptacles, etc.

-TZ

Current Local Time
    04:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tzframpton View Post
    If you have overlapping views on a sheet, you have to Tab+Select to pick the "other" View. Once you do, then you can Activate the View, which clearly shows both views at the same time, only the non-Active view becomes faded, allowing you to coordinate text between two views.

But, you should be able to do this in a single View. Use RCP, and set the cut plane low enough to show all the receptacles, etc.

-TZ
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's what I've been doing, but it's a bit finicky and annoying at times, so I was wondering if there was a better way.

In terms of doing everything in a single view, I usually do that. But I've head some issues with that. I can't remember the other problems I faced, but the one issue I'm facing currently is that the Architect has decided to use CAD files for his furniture. The only way I know of how to show those CAD drawings in my project is to set the linked view in my RVT Link Dusplay Settings to that view. The architect has the CAD in his floor plan view, so I can only link that view in a floor plan, not RCP (RCP will only show the architect's RCP views)...sorry if that explanation is confusing...but basically this is one reason why I'm just overlaying views in my sheets.