Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Monitor Musings

Current Local Time
    06:01 PM

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I've donated one of my Eizo 27" monitors to our Landscape Architect daughter who is working here remotely into her London office. Just acquired a 24" Eizo monitor for my wife to do her accounts work remotely also - we are quite the 'business hub' now, although as I've worked in one room in the house on my own for 30 years it takes a bit of getting used to having 'colleagues' around

Interestingly I find Revit, Lumion and in particular Adobe Acrobat less prone to odd glitches running everything on one Eizo 31" monitor (now plugged directly into the 2nd graphics card, a GTX 1080 Ti rather than the Quadro P4000). Printing to pdf would lock up every time if Enscape was open on the 2nd monitor.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Current Local Time
    01:01 PM

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    My old monitors look like crap now. I wonder if I can expense it if I buy another one

Current Local Time

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I decided to think positive, invest in the future and get a replacement for my missing 27" Eizo CG277 (I like to have Enscape or Lumion on it while still working on the main screen in Revit).

Fortunately the Eizo monitors I always buy are the last to disappear from the online stores - cost I guess. Colour accuracy is why they are expensive and rather wasted on cad but I spend a lot of time doing renders and in Photoshop (at least that's my excuse ).

I spotted that an Eizo 27" CG279X was discounted on Jigsaw24 for some reason and arrived by UPS within 24 hours. I like these models which have self-calibration built in, but anyway a gorgeous display.
    https://www.eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg279x/

Eizos seem to last forever. We have a 16 year old Eizo 24" monitor that is just starting to show some signs of variation in white areas - no wonder they give 5 year warranties.

By the way, impressed with UPS - driver had a very fancy mask on - the cheaper couriers who delivered same day had no masks on here (UK).

Current Local Time
    10:01 AM

I just discovered what you all are talking about. I have two cheap Asus monitors that I thought were fine. I just plugged in a 37" 1080p TV to my card as a third monitor, to stream to while I'm working, and for Enscape. Huge image quality difference.

Current Local Time
    12:01 PM

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you think thats a huge difference, buy or borrow a decent high end computer monitor, and give it a go. Good monitors are worlds better than decent TV's, too. Years ago, i didnt understand the difference very well. I have two "decent" Dell 24" monitors on a spare desk behind me, that i bought as secondary monitors when i worked in an office full time. I only used them occasionally, though. Compared to the WQHD 27" though, they actually "hurt" to look at after a while.

Im blown away by how different a monitor can make you feel, throughout the day.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by willsud View Post
    Fortunately the Eizo monitors I always buy are the last to disappear from the online stores - cost I guess. Colour accuracy is why they are expensive and rather wasted on cad but I spend a lot of time doing renders and in Photoshop (at least that's my excuse ).

I spotted that an Eizo 27" CG279X was discounted on Jigsaw24 for some reason and arrived by UPS within 24 hours. I like these models which have self-calibration built in, but anyway a gorgeous display.
    https://www.eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg279x/
    holy crap those are pricey!

Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yep, they sure are. You wouldn't want to be buying them for multiple users I guess but as there is only me here and it's all tax-deductible why not?

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    holy crap those are pricey!
    I've just thought about the price in that link of $2,426 - even at the present exchange rate that is way more than I paid for it in the UK. 1,250 + VAT (20%) = $1,542 + taxes - or am I missing something?

Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Could just be markup? I found that same monitor on a couple sites and they were all in the same general price range Although UK websites had it listed around 1,500. Who knows...