Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SysQue, Thoughts?

Current Local Time
    08:38 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chris, I'm new here but I'm curious about who you hired for the spooling piece and how this system is working for you now 3-4 years later. We use SysQue at my company, but I'm new to it and am skeptical of the cost benefit relationship.

Thanks.

Current Local Time
    06:38 AM

We're an engineering firm but sometimes work with local sub contractors that are overloaded and help assist them with detailing as well. We use Sysque primarily for plumbing only and have had great success in having one model for both engineering/ construction documents, coordination model/ VDC, shop drawings & spooling drawings. I've attached a few images of some of some of the plumbing spools from our single model. Also this was used on some very large scale projects.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	38 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	36946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	36947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	36948

Mr. Revit OpEd
    Current Local Time
    06:38 AM

I'd have given a 10, but the yellow Caution tag is missing

Thanks for sharing!

Current Local Time

Fabrication tools are in Revit and work great for modeling. For pipe, not sure that an auto-spooling feature exists. I wonder if something is in the works, or if another add-in could take the FabParts items in Revit and make something from it?

-TZ

Current Local Time
    02:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
    Thank you! I am pretty new to Revit, I just know some basics and currently I am the only one that does our CAD drawings for our company. So far I've only taken webinar for Revit training, obviously more formal training is required before we can full make the switch. We currently have a subscription to the Building Data database, that is where I get most of the fittings/valves/carriers that aren't in the Fabrication CADmap software OoTB. The other place I get stuff from is from the manufacturer's websites. I don't know enough to sit down and make all of the fitting families myself. Dafont Showbox Adam4adam Does SysQue work well with families other than their own, i.e. families downloaded from manufacturer's websites, other places like bim objects, building 3d content, smart bim, etc? I'm not sure what the Sysque spooling tool is like because I've never user it, I'm only familiar with spooling in Fabrication; what is the spooling tool like that your company uses? I have also heard the Vic Tool is fairly good, but it lacks a lot. Basically it's spooling tool is what it mostly has going for it, but even the videos I've seen on youtube it doesn't look overly impressive. I appreciate your help. It's a subject that is tough to get honest feedback on because usually no matter where you ask people either love it or hate it and there is no middle ground, everyone acts like your p***ing in their cheerios when you bring it up.
    If you have anyone thats good with Revit then the best thing is to just use out the box Revit & modify/create the family's you need. SysQue is good but very expensive but probably the only real option for you if you dont know Revit. SysQue's marketing will point out they have over a million parts which is great but in reality you will probable only ever use upto 100 fittings for pipework.
    Last edited by zimkim; July 10th, 2019 at 01:20 PM.

Current Local Time
    09:38 AM

Victaulic has a cheap add on that works pretty good once you get used to it. Has some flange issues but still pretty good.

Current Local Time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spool - Blackout.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	37627

This is some underground sanitary sewer that was drawn using SysQue & spooled using Vic Tools