Страница 1 из 2 12 ПоследняяПоследняя
Показано с 1 по 10 из 16

Тема: Design Review in Revit

"Mark Twain"
    Местное время
    11:37

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Design Review in Revit

I get a lot of questions from clients how they can Review and add Notes to Revit without these being printed. I always use the solution one of my fellow members of the Dutch Revit User Group came up with:

They created a simple Mass cube in the Family Category "Nurse Calling Device (go figure).
    When reviewing a project you can place these masses as needed. There are two types: questions and remarks. Per type you can tell if it's urgent or not. It will let you fill in the following fields:

- Question from
    - Question to
    - Discipline, date, subject, location

And the above for the answer. Finally, there is an instance parameter which handles the visibility (visible if open, not visible if dealt with).
    Using this you can schedule the reviews and notes and keep track of whether they have been adressed without having to export to dwf or navisworks.

At first I was a bit sceptical but by now I use this a lot. I placed this in a project with some schedules on it. Let me know what you think.
    Вложения Вложения

"Mark Twain"
    Местное время

No thoughts on this one?
    You can tell me if it stinks, I can take it....

Administrator Аватар для Munkholm
    Местное время
    12:37

Martjin, I dont think that it stinks in any way ! Actually its a pretty darn clever solution.
    One problem though, most Project Managers that Ive dealt with, only use a unlicenced version of revit for reviewing the model, and without the option to save, it would make no sence to make remarks in the model But again, that just MY experience

"Mark Twain"
    Местное время

Цитата Сообщение от Munkholm Посмотреть сообщение
    Martjin, I dont think that it stinks in any way ! Actually its a pretty darn clever solution.
    One problem though, most Project Managers that Ive dealt with, only use a unlicenced version of revit for reviewing the model, and without the option to save, it would make no sence to make remarks in the model But again, that just MY experience
    True, but that wasn't their objective. They use it for collaboration within the Design Team. For instance 2-3 Architecture guys, a Structural guy and a MEP guy. They wanted a tool that allowed them to place requests or flag possible problems when modelling. Without having to take screen shots and send an email or something like that. Also, it needed to be something they could schedule and cross off a list.

Member Аватар для Ben-May
    Местное время
    22:37

I think actually printing to DWF and marking up with design review works brilliantly.

You can then import the sheet set back into Revit and it will overlay the markups onto the sheets. Works really well

The only downside is you cant overlay comments to the 3D view, that would be a great feature if you could attached comments to elements in a 3D view which may not be present on a sheet and see those comments once imported somehow

"Mark Twain"
    Местное время

Цитата Сообщение от Ben-May Посмотреть сообщение
    I think actually printing to DWF and marking up with design review works brilliantly.

You can then import the sheet set back into Revit and it will overlay the markups onto the sheets. Works really well

The only downside is you cant overlay comments to the 3D view, that would be a great feature if you could attached comments to elements in a 3D view which may not be present on a sheet and see those comments once imported somehow
    True, but this also takes you out of Revit and is more appropiate for a BIM Manager then a member of the design team. I get very frustrated if I have to export a dwf every time I see something in a model that's not directly my responsibility but does need to be adressed. Using this family, you can mark the spot, add some info and save it inside your model for later review.

Revit Maestro Аватар для Dimitri Harvalias
    Местное время
    03:37

How about a quick screen capture placed in a drafting view that could be annotated?
    Add parameters to views so these 'review' views could be easily sorted in the browser and flagged as Question, answer etc. as well as establishing a naming convention for date, time etc.
    One of the advantages of this is it doesn't require visibility management inside active views and the record of the problem is a fixed snapshot rather than something that might change in context with edits.
    For larger scheduled reviews I agree with Ben. Design Review is a great. low cost, easily trainable solution.

Administrator Аватар для Gordon Price
    Местное время
    12:37

I did something similar to what Dimitri describes for red marking key frames of an animation. I used the new Save in Project as Image tool, and ended up with a bunch of snap shots that the designer then marked up using a Redmark text style.

But I do think that the DWF approach can be good for a Project Manager or Project Architect who is tech savvy enough to use Design Review, but not Revit savvy enough to be actively in the model. Sadly I find those to be rare. Either people are comfortable in Revit, or they are comfortable with paper. Very few fall in between in my experience.

Gordon

Revit Maestro Аватар для Dimitri Harvalias
    Местное время
    03:37

Good point Gordon and I agree about being aware of ability levels. As the OP suggested this workflow is intended more for small item internal coordination among the people doing the real work, not the managers doing reviews
    Последний раз редактировалось Dimitri Harvalias; 14.01.2011 в 22:31.

"Mark Twain"
    Местное время

Цитата Сообщение от Dimitri Harvalias Посмотреть сообщение
    Good point Gordon and I agree about being aware of ability levels. As the OP suggested this workflow is intended more for small item internal coordination among the people doing the real work, not the managers doing reviews
    Hahahaha, initially yes. But this guy showed me the large scale review reports (the ones you get once a week with your BIM Manager). At first it started out "regular", but by the end of the projects these reports consisted of two sections: the schedule with questions/remarks still open, and the schedule with the solved ones.

As for the screenshots: they considered this, but found it very difficult to navigate to and from the snapshots. It gets kind of hard to keep track in a 25.000 square meter building complex as to where these are taken. The upside on using this family were in fact the schedules. You can simply right click on each line and tell Revit to show it. This is not possible with the snapshot drafting views.
    As for the possible editing: they placed these families in a separate workset. This prevents them from being deleted or moved by accident. Did have some problems with it in the beginning when people didn't relinguish the workset but that's just something getting used to.