Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 1809 update screwing with Revit

Current Local Time
    05:19 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    From what I have seen the last few days, it was released on October 2nd and got pulled again a few days later because of the issues with files being deleted. Then a while later they released it again with the same number (which is confusing). Downloading the first one from the tool you linked too, to see what happens.

Current Local Time
    08:19 PM

I will benchmark on my normal suite but I suspect it might be the update process rather than the version itself.

Current Local Time

OK did 2 clean installs on my old workstation with the 2 images provided by the software Remis mentioned. Both the 1809 update, but still not sure if any of those is the first 1809 update because they give exactly the same version number (17763.107) and to me it would be very weird if MS would do 2 updates with the same number, even if one of them is faulty. I get a score of 447 and 453, which is pretty bad of course.

Also did a clean install with the DVD that came with the new workstation (but still on the old machine) which is version 1803 and got a score of 155 on that (which is about what I had before with that machine).

So either both of the images of the 1809 install are from the updated 1809 version or now the first 1809 version gives issues as well.

So, I am still with my first conclusion, BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THAT UPDATE !

Current Local Time

It looks like the 1809 update is placed in the auto update of Microsoft again. Maybe stuff is fixed, maybe it still slows down Revit, I'm guessing we are going to find out when a lot of people are updating their machines now.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...nths-late.html

Current Local Time
    04:19 AM

Just reading this morning about an issue with Bitdefender updates in Windows 10:
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...s_update_woes/

I've left all my PCs at build 1803, deferring feature updates but allowing security updates, but even that doesn't seem safe now.

Current Local Time
    03:19 AM

hello,

i am experiencing the same problems

on a couple of workstations the 1809 update makes loading and saving revit files extremely slow, reverting to the 1803 update on these workstations resolves the issue. it seems to happen random between workstations with the same specs
    this week i have tested on 2 brandnew hp z2 workstations with out of the box windows 10 1809 installed, on both the extremely slow opening and saving problem was there. So they have the problem direct out of the box, no other software was installed after the initial boot and first windows 10 config.
    a clean install with windows 10 1803 solved the problem for now, but is not a solution of course
    the problem occurs both in revit 2016 and 2018

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jvz0077 View Post
    hello,

i am experiencing the same problems

on a couple of workstations the 1809 update makes loading and saving revit files extremely slow, reverting to the 1803 update on these workstations resolves the issue. it seems to happen random between workstations with the same specs
    this week i have tested on 2 brandnew hp z2 workstations with out of the box windows 10 1809 installed, on both the extremely slow opening and saving problem was there. So they have the problem direct out of the box, no other software was installed after the initial boot and first windows 10 config.
    a clean install with windows 10 1803 solved the problem for now, but is not a solution of course
    the problem occurs both in revit 2016 and 2018
    It sucks that you have these issues as well, but I'm happy that it is not something I imagined at least. I'm hoping that more people will post about the same issue in here, so we can establish that it is indeed a problem that somebody needs to work on.

On a sidenote, is JVZ the company you work for by any chance?

Current Local Time
    10:19 PM

I forgot to post an update: My Desktop DID finally update to 1809, and its running fine, with no issues to report. But i suspect its going to be a hit or miss problem, affecting some machines and not others.

Current Local Time
    03:19 AM

Hello,

Glad that your workstation is fine after 1809, in my view it is indeed a hit or miss problem. can't find a correlation as to why anywhere and i have an extensive exchange with autodesk support about it. no solution at the moment

Current Local Time
    08:19 PM

This may not be revit specific but I am starting to hear about navisworks crashes and seems it started after clients did windows updates.