Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RevitForum.org’s 2019 Fundraising Drive!

Current Local Time
    03:12 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevGirl View Post
    I was just repeating what was stated in the first post of the "Introduction" thread (80k users).

My point was simply that continuity it often worth more than saving money, in tech.

I have been here plenty, but I don't generally look at posts by the date.

I generally find myself here when trying to understand how to do something, not being a particularly good/experienced Revit user as this is not my trade, but architecture and CAD/BIM tools are something I do purely because enjoy them thoroughly.
    Learning, best reason for anyone to donate, right there.

Forum Co-Founder Alfredo Medina's Avatar
    Current Local Time
    01:12 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elton williams View Post
    Does that mean i can reduce my contribution to 5c a year?
    Actually, it would be just 3 cents per year (0.031 of a dollar). I thought the fundraising goal was $3500, but it is even less, $2500.

Current Local Time

The donation goal is not completed yet. Come on, people. How many times has Revitforum helped you?

Current Local Time
    07:12 AM

Well, the Donation Rally has been active since April, and the goal is not yet met. (Even though we dropped the goal from 3,500 to 2,500 USD)

As a consequence, we´ll be experimenting with Google AdSense to see if that can generate a little revenue. And YES, I´m fully aware that I originally promised that RFO would never ever display Ads! So like I said, this is (for now at least) an experiment, and Ads will ONLY be displayed to:

"Guests" = Not member OR not logged in
    "Lurkers" = Members, but NO posts ever made

So our active members will still NEVER see an Ad, as long as you are logged into the forum.

Opinions ?

Bonus info:
    During the past 365 days we´ve had 107,000 unique visitors each month, and had 3,854,000 page views = LOTS of "Guests"

And to the number geeks, I´m attaching our Analytics stats since day one (December 10th 2010)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	analytics 2010-2019.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	37526  
    Last edited by Munkholm; September 27th, 2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Bonus info

Current Local Time

Not a big fan of adds, I rather pay a bit of money (which I of course did) to keep it add free, but I do also understand that if we don't get to the goal it might be the only way.

But I am wondering if there is a possibility that people that made a donation get extra perks, getting the incentive to donate up a bit some how. Not sure what those perks would be to be honest but having you (company)name up somewhere, different color name (or a large dollar sign in front of it ) or some tag below your image next to your post. But something useful would be better. We have a lot of users, so I guess we can come up with something, right?

One other thing that could be possible is getting sponsors, this way adds will stick with the AEC/Revit theme and there won't be all sorts of adds about anything. I can imagine some of the add-ins/companies out there might be willing to sponsor a bit if they get an add on here. If we find a nice spot to put them I won't mind seeing those even as a active member.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    But I am wondering if there is a possibility that people that made a donation get extra perks, getting the incentive to donate up a bit some how. Not sure what those perks would be to be honest but having you (company)name up somewhere, different color name (or a large dollar sign in front of it ) or some tag below your image next to your post. But something useful would be better. We have a lot of users, so I guess we can come up with something, right?
    Technically I "could" force anyone (active members, and/or lurkers) to donate at least $1 before it would be possible to see attachments (have a feeling that many of our inactive members only sign up to get those attachments (but no data to back up that feeling) - the attached is probably not so uncommon though

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    One other thing that could be possible is getting sponsors, this way adds will stick with the AEC/Revit theme and there won't be all sorts of adds about anything. I can imagine some of the add-ins/companies out there might be willing to sponsor a bit if they get an add on here. If we find a nice spot to put them I won't mind seeing those even as a active member.
    So far I´ve declined dusins of companies who wanted to buy add space. So sure, it could be a good alternative to AdSense, but I still won´t display ANY adds to our active members, EVER.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lurker_attachment.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	37527  
    Last edited by Munkholm; September 27th, 2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: screenshot

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Munkholm View Post
    Technically I "could" force anyone (active members, and/or lurkers) to donate at least $1 before it would be possible to see attachments
    I like that. I would extend that idea to all members, active or inactive, and not only block people from seeing attachments but all subforums except "forum feedback" and "out there". Simple rule: donate at least 1 dollar a year, or you won't be able to see this forum's Revit-related subforums.

Current Local Time

I joined a forum about 18 years ago that generated a lot of viewers who where not necessarily members, and they did just that, ads for the non-committers.
    They even took it a step further and offered some nice additional perks and conveniences for the regular members if they pay a $5 premium membership fee, which quite a few members signed up for. This is a one time fee for a lifetime premium membership. They don't have any fundraisers and I'm still a member today .. though I'm not as active as I once was.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Munkholm View Post
    Technically I "could" force anyone (active members, and/or lurkers) to donate at least $1 before it would be possible to see attachments (have a feeling that many of our inactive members only sign up to get those attachments (but no data to back up that feeling)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    I like that. I would extend that idea to all members, active or inactive, and not only block people from seeing attachments but all subforums except "forum feedback" and "out there". Simple rule: donate at least 1 dollar a year, or you won't be able to see this forum's Revit-related subforums.
    If you have to contribute in order to see content it is not a donation, it is a membership fee. I can't tell you how many forums I am not a member of (paying or otherwise) because something required me to register to see it. It annoys me when I have to sign-in to forums I am a member of when something pops up in a google search...

Current Local Time

I like Elton's idea here: https://www.revitforum.org/showthrea...l=1#post224329

T-Shirts, mugs, stickers, etc are easy to do and can frequently be made on-demand.