Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pipe Center Lines

Current Local Time
    03:21 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Pipe Center Lines

Good Morning,

Quick little issue here. How do you turn off pipe center lines in your whole project (our template)? I know you can turn them off via VG, but want a new view to have them disabled by default. i found a "value" in mechanical settings but cant find what to set it to to disable them or if it just sets line weight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-17 7-17-39 AM.png  

Current Local Time
    05:21 AM

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    In our template, we have them off in every View Template, and every View has a Linked View Template. Ergo, we never see them. Takes about an hour to set up.

Current Local Time

That was fast! I suppose we can use that for now, seems weird that they don't have a cross project disable somewhere. Thanks!

Current Local Time
    06:21 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipe center line.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	37656

Current Local Time

BTW< if you are going to take the time to do it to all the View Templates, also turn off:

Duct Centerlines
    Pipe Drop
    Pipe Rise
    Etc.

(Opinions vary, but in architecture, what i want to see (always) in Plan, is the actual size of the pipe. If the Rise and Drop SYMBOLS are set to visible, you get a circle bigger than your wall, at the pipes. This leads to archies turning off MEP, and never doing coordination visually. Every. Damn. Time. LOL.

Current Local Time

haha thanks for the heads up! i saw a few other posts about setting templates up so I will check those out too.

Current Local Time
    06:21 AM

Turn off your Pipe Drops and Pipe Rises in all templates if your printing in fine detail and you want your drawings to look like ****. If you want them to look good keep them on, print in coarse, and use different views with different detail levels for coordinating with walls. You don't even have to turn off the setting in fine detail views the symbols simply will not be visible.

This is assuming your MEP since you posted it in this section. If your an architect, go for it.

On the other hand, architects could just give us 1' thick walls, 10' ceiling spaces and 10,000 SQ mechanical rooms. No coordination required!

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CRapai View Post
    Turn off your Pipe Drops and Pipe Rises in all templates if your printing in fine detail and you want your drawings to look like ****. If you want them to look good keep them on, print in coarse, and use different views with different detail levels for coordinating with walls. You don't even have to turn off the setting in fine detail views the symbols simply will not be visible.

This is assuming your MEP since you posted it in this section. If your an architect, go for it.

On the other hand, architects could just give us 1' thick walls, 10' ceiling spaces and 10,000 SQ mechanical rooms. No coordination required!
    Most of our views that go on sheets are at Medium LOD, except that we intentionally have MEP overridden to Fine, and CL's all turned off. You have to remember, apps like bluebeam can kill lineweights universally in a single click. Being able to see real world pipe and duct sizes in the wall cavities, is worth getting a little mud on paper, when its printed.

And ive had GC's and Subs ask me for clarification: "Those layers in the walls and the MEP sizes are accurate? Thats awesome!" its SO SAD that this isnt fully expected of everyone yet, because it should have been ten years ago.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    its SO SAD that this isnt fully expected of everyone yet, because it should have been ten years ago.
    Couldnt agree more still waiting for Revit models to become "construction documents"
    Last edited by Blake Bunn; October 17th, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

Current Local Time

Ehhhh, the more i work with owners and General Contractors, the less i am looking forward to that, because i realize exactly how ****** most firms models are. Im more just looking forward to the day when (AT LEAST) they have to make sure the model at least MATCHES the 2d printed documents. Believe it or not, thats a far stretch, with some firms.