Thread: web based RVT to IFC exporter

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    09:54 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lightbulb web based RVT to IFC exporter

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a new project and I need some user feedback from early adopters. So I hope you guys can help me.

The program is called IFC exporter. It is a web based program where you can convert a RVT file to an IFC file. Without needing any CPU from your own workstation. The beauty of the program is that you can continue to work while in the background you can upload the files to the exporter. You only need a good internet connection (which impacts your CPU hardly). In extension of IFC export we are also working on additional features for completely automated IFC, DWG, PDF exporting. So that even without Revit you can export RVT files to IFC, DWG and PDF.

I hope you want to help me testing the program. The “online platform” is free to use (for now). In exchange for use, it would be nice to receive feedback about the operation, bugs and useful features. That way I can create a good roadmap.

The website is called www.ifcexporter.com and you can create your own (secure) account. When you login you can find all your last exports on the left and offcourse upload the .RVT files on the left. These are the first instructions of the program:

1. At the left side you can upload your revit (.rvt) files
    2. At the right side you can check your history of export IFC files.
    3. To upload your revit (.rvt) file you can select a revit file or drop the file in the “drop area”. You only can upload 1 revit file at a time.
    4. Uploading. Wait to the revit file is uploaded or select the button “Start export without selecting view”. Then you are going to export the complete revit project without exceptions. You can be sure all parts in the revit project are exporting.
    5. Select 3D view. If you want to select a certain 3D view to export you can wait a short time. Meanwhile it wil scan all the available 3D in the project and return it to you. You can select the desired 3D view and select the button “Start Export”
    6. Advanced options: Export 2D plan view elements. Exports all 2D plan elements like door swings or fire-rating symbols. However, not every IFC program supports 2D plan view elements, Like Solibri (version 9.0)

It works very naturally. Please feel free to begin using the IFC exporter and provide me some feedback😊 Take a look at www.ifcexporter.com
    Last edited by asmileuyf; November 6th, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    09:54 AM

Interesting project: First thought is what about other options?
    i.e. The Autodesk IFC Exporter has heaps of additional options (Schedules, LOD etc etc)

3.    #3
    Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I was kinda interested to know what happens to the models I upload to that site. As there is no info on that site about that I'm not gonna upload anything remotely interesting there.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time

Hi Alex, yes, we definitely want to add more "basic" options. Thats one of the reasons we are looking for test-users to define the most used options which we can add first. So if you have any suggestions...

5.    #5
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    I was kinda interested to know what happens to the models I upload to that site. As there is no info on that site about that I'm not gonna upload anything remotely interesting there.
    The models are only visible for you. We are working with a blob file, so the converter doesn't even see the real name of your RVT file, it gets a unique ID. After the conversion is made it is transferred to your own environment and the converter is cleaned automatically. All The IFC files you converted are always visible in your environment. We will work on something to delete or clean your files with a new release.