Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-editable Revit file

Current Local Time
    02:22 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    and my point is that i dont actually think that a client ever would ask for sheet files to be contained within the RVT file as part of the EIRs, they dont even usually use the Revit model instead they use the IFC file for their FM stuff post handover.

Also all files issued onto the CDE on a regular basis are classed as S1 suitability code and sheet files contained within the Revit model could well be S0 which means they are still WIP unless it is at the end of the job. This would be a contradiction in the ISO and would mean you're not complying with the EIR's / BEP / ISO

Like i said you dont understand the ISO.

Current Local Time

oh and by the way, i never said it was the client who was asking for the model

Current Local Time
    08:22 AM

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Here you go again, about the ISO that im not talking about, telling me i dont understand it. As i recall, i specifically asked YOU what it said, and you started dodging and hurling backhanded insults. You need therapy, dude.

But hey... IMVHO it doesnt matter who asked. Yes, i assumed it was the client. But frankly, in my opinion it doesnt matter at all: Consultants, General Contractor, Subcontractor, Owner, Owners Rep, Client Rep, whatever: if they ask for sheets, there is ZERO reason to not give them, UNLESS..... (wait for it).....

Your model is junk, and you dont want to air your dirty laundry. Which, i suspect, is the true weight of that chip on your shoulder.

Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLarson View Post
    I hear about it all the time
    I see it happen all the time.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Here you go again, about the ISO that im not talking about, telling me i dont understand it. As i recall, i specifically asked YOU what it said, and you started dodging and hurling backhanded insults. You need therapy, dude.

But hey... IMVHO it doesnt matter who asked. Yes, i assumed it was the client. But frankly, in my opinion it doesnt matter at all: Consultants, General Contractor, Subcontractor, Owner, Owners Rep, Client Rep, whatever: if they ask for sheets, there is ZERO reason to not give them, UNLESS..... (wait for it).....

Your model is junk, and you dont want to air your dirty laundry. Which, i suspect, is the true weight of that chip on your shoulder.
    I think I'll just walk away thanks as Dave has already asked us to be polite.

Current Local Time
    08:22 AM

Sounds like a plan!