Thread: Strut Hanger Family

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    09:24 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Strut Hanger Family

I have made a strut hanger family where everything is adjustable but I want the all-thread extrusion to automatically connect to the structure. I can't figure out a way to do it. I created it on the electrical fixture template.
    I have always used the Revit fabrication hangers but I need more detail (especially for 2 or 3 layer hangers). I know the add-ons like SysQue or eVolve have everything I need but they are not an option as of now.
    So my question is; is there a way to make an extrusion in a family that automatically connects to the structure when placed in the project?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    03:24 AM

Try to use MEP Fabrication hangers. They do not interact with design pipes and ducts, but they can be copied, resized without a host and they auto adjust to the floors. Use temporary fabrication pipes / ducts to create hangers of desired size.
    Last edited by Nurlan; November 19th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    03:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mmhaag37 View Post
    I have made a strut hanger family where everything is adjustable but I want the all-thread extrusion to automatically connect to the structure. I can't figure out a way to do it. I created it on the electrical fixture template.
    I have always used the Revit fabrication hangers but I need more detail (especially for 2 or 3 layer hangers). I know the add-ons like SysQue or eVolve have everything I need but they are not an option as of now.
    So my question is; is there a way to make an extrusion in a family that automatically connects to the structure when placed in the project?
    Are you using FabParts in Revit? If so, like already mentioned, I would use FabPart hangers. They function very well actually. The will automatically anchor to structure above although it's not perfect.

As for your direct question, no there is not a way to make a Family automatically connect to structural above.