Thread: Detail component regenerate too long

Current Local Time
    09:02 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Detail component regenerate too long

Hi,

I create a window frame family with instant length dimension. Every time I change the length it takes so long to regenerate. Anyone know why is that? Please help.

Thanks,

Current Local Time
    04:02 PM

(I think you mean instance instead of instant)

The family itself would help a lot, but my guess without seeing the family, is that a lot of things are locked to each other, and you have a lot of unnecessary constraints in the family.

I also saw long regen times, if the project itself was too much constrained, is the problem persist if you load it to an empty project which contains nothing just a wall?

Can you upload the family to some file sharing service and share the link?

Current Local Time

See link [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag1NtUpqVXTn4BwnjpmVm9QSkLkP?e=q27lEe. Let me know what the issue. I try to change length, it's take forever to generate. Thanks.[/FONT]

Current Local Time
    04:02 PM

I guess this drawing was imported originally, Revit doesn't like imported things.

I could add the parameter this way: select all lines -> cut to clipboard, assign the parameter to the dimension, paste aligned to same place. After this I got the following warning:

Performance Warning: This family now contains labeled dimensions or tangency constraints as well as sketches with many segments. This may hurt performance. To improve performance, create elements that require complex sketches as nested families.
    Also pasting this lines to a new family I got the warning: "line is too short"

So according to this warnings, the problem is it contains too much small lines, and even some splines. I could improve performance a bit by grouping all elements which shouldn't change with the dimension (so basically group the section of the mullion).

You can also try create a new detail family just for the mullion and load it to this family, and this family only contains the lines going to the right ref plane. I did this for you, you can download this family from here: https://send.firefox.com/download/13...yob0keS6o-FQ7A

For the best result I wouldn't explode the imported dwg, just trace over with revit lines, use pick line for main lines, than remove the imported dwg.

Current Local Time

Thank you very much for your help! Now, I know what the issue.