Thread: Project parameter is not being reflected in properties palette ?? any suggestions

Current Local Time
    09:37 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Project parameter is not being reflected in properties palette ?? any suggestions

Im quite new to revit & i'm following steps outlined in"Exploring Autodesk Revit 2019 6th edition". I specifically want to set a project parameter for "illumination level" after following the steps i should be able to see the change reflected in properties palette, this is the problem . I'm not seeing the changes in properties palette , on my own i adjusted VG setting and still to no avail, any suggestions????

Current Local Time
    07:37 PM

- VG stetings has nothing to do with parameters. Parameters are related to elements, while VG is about the current view.
    - Only instance parameters show up on the properties palette, type parameters show up on the edit type dialog. Are you creating instance parameters, or type?

Current Local Time
    09:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by infeeeee View Post
    - VG stetings has nothing to do with parameters. Parameters are related to elements, while VG is about the current view.
    - Only instance parameters show up on the properties palette, type parameters show up on the edit type dialog. Are you creating instance parameters, or type?

Thank you for responding , im trying to change project parameters associated with the model and i want to see the changes reflected in the properties palette. Simply out of frustrations i changed VG settings because after setting the parameters i never saw the changes in the properties palette. At this point im a student just trying to learn how to effectively use this program.

Current Local Time
    06:37 PM

What categories are you assigning the project parameter to?

I assume it is Rooms or Spaces. The parameter will only show up when you select an element of a category to which you have assigned that parameter. It will not show up in the properties palette without selecting an element first.