Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: stairs

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    August 15, 2019
    Posts
    2
    Current Local Time
    12:26 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!

    stairs

    hi, need some help on how to model this type os stairs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annotation 2019-12-24 105659.jpg  

  2. #2
    Moderator Robin Deurloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    1,488
    Current Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    we use these stairs a lot in Holland, but I never really got it to work nicely in Revit with the stairs tool. You can get pretty close with the sketch tool, but stuff like risers will not look very good in the turns.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    August 15, 2019
    Posts
    2
    Current Local Time
    12:26 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    so what do you think will be the best approach, regular extructions?


    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    we use these stairs a lot in Holland, but I never really got it to work nicely in Revit with the stairs tool. You can get pretty close with the sketch tool, but stuff like risers will not look very good in the turns.

  4. #4
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,312
    Current Local Time
    07:26 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Does the U-Shaped Winder that is built-in not work? I don't know enough about that type of stair to know where the issues are, but at least at a glance it looks fine to me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stair.PNG   Stair-UWinder.png  

  5.    #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    December 28, 2019
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    3
    Current Local Time
    05:56 PM

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hi krusty2k1,

    I am using Revit 2018, and created the stair by sketch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stair.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	38096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stair 2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	38097

  6.    #6
    Moderator Robin Deurloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    1,488
    Current Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krusty2k1 View Post
    so what do you think will be the best approach, regular extructions?
    It all depends on how nice and exact you want your stairs to be, but from what I have done with these kinds of stairs, that is the only way to get them to look right

    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    Does the U-Shaped Winder that is built-in not work? I don't know enough about that type of stair to know where the issues are, but at least at a glance it looks fine to me...
    Some of the things that are not right in the image below. For a plan view that is OK and probably for a early design it is too, but for CD's I would not want one of those in my model.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stair2.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	38102

    Quote Originally Posted by abhisekh View Post
    Hi krusty2k1,

    I am using Revit 2018, and created the stair by sketch.
    As with the other stairs above a lot of small things that are just not right
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stair3.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	38103

  7.    #7
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,312
    Current Local Time
    07:26 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    Some of the things that are not right in the image below. For a plan view that is OK and probably for a early design it is too, but for CD's I would not want one of those in my model.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stair2.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	38102
    Good to know

  8.    #8
    Moderator Robin Deurloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    1,488
    Current Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    Good to know
    A few of those things you can get a bit better, but overall the stairs tool sucks for these kinds of stairs. Problem is for residential in Holland I think 90% of all homes have a stair like that, so I believe that a lot of companies are building them by hand or get them from a manufacturer, some of which do IFC and a lot of which do imported dwg

  9.    #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2013
    Posts
    41
    Current Local Time
    07:26 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    As a general note - System Families in Revit are good for creating content that is in the LOD 200-300 zone. The small things that Robin has highlighted, which aren't quite perfect with the U Winder tool, are things I feel are in the LOD 350-400 zone, and would be picked up through enlarged details (utilizing detail components, lines, and regions to assist in heightened accuracy). Is this not the case?

Similar Threads

  1. [Stairs] Unexpected cutting steps in stairs
    By woszer in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 6th, 2018, 07:22 PM
  2. Structural stairs from architectural stairs
    By wpnc79 in forum Structure - General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 31st, 2016, 04:28 PM
  3. Stairs
    By vikvar29 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 27th, 2015, 02:36 PM
  4. Stairs. Damn stairs.
    By Jaime in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 24th, 2015, 08:24 PM
  5. Stairs
    By mona miller in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 6th, 2014, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •