Thread: Help button - Learning Links

Current Local Time
    12:04 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Help button - Learning Links

I've noticed weird behavior with the Revit OOTB Help button - it has a parameter (Learning Links) that I use for URLs to our intranet learning portal. I've noticed that in Revit 2019 (not sure about other versions, since we only applied this family in this version's template) that when a user follows the Learning Link (clicking into the parameter field shows an "..." ellipse, which hyperlinks the user to the intranet learning portal page, that URL stays visually consistent in that space, regardless of what actions the user does next - opens other views, selects elements, etc. The URL will just 'hover' over that spot - basically forever! I've had to completely CLOSE REVIT to get it to go away. Super annoying!

Have others experienced this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Learning Link burn in.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	38095

Current Local Time
    02:04 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So: Good news and bad news:

The good news is, you arent alone. I can reproduce it.

The bad news is, its not just that parameter. Its a problem with the Properties Palette on the whole. Basically, i can get my Revit to do that with any Text Parameter in the Properties palette. If i click in to the text field, and highlight some or all of the text in there, and then "click back" in to the viewport without using the Enter or Escape key, it will do this.

I know, because i track the Status of objects in our models, with a Text Param... So this happens all the time. When it happens, i have to close the Properties palette, and then go get it from View > UI > Properties Palette (which shows a *refreshed* one).

Pain in the ass, and i think it was even doing it some prior to 2019... But its definitely worse in 2019/2020.

Current Local Time

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post

The good news is, you arent alone. I can reproduce it.
    Pain in the ass, and i think it was even doing it some prior to 2019... But its definitely worse in 2019/2020.
    What a PITA! I'm going to play with graphic accelerator settings to see if that helps at all - embedding in accessible links is great, but if they cause this kind of graphic disruption, then after one bad experience, no one will want to use them.

Mr. Revit OpEd
    Current Local Time

That is weird. Experimenting, I noticed that if I click in the Default Analysis Display Style field, which also has as ellipsis button, I can get it to give up displaying by tapping the ESC key. Saves me the trouble of closing and opening the properties palette.

Edit: If I remember to click on another field like the Location field right above it the stickiness of the URL stops too.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; December 30th, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

Current Local Time
    02:04 AM

Yeah. Same behavior here. If I'm diligent with the escape key OR clicking elsewhere, I can avoid the problem. But I forget. A lot. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk