Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family "XX" is corrupt and its instances cannot be updated.

Current Local Time
    08:37 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This hotfix should address this issue: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...html-html.html

Current Local Time
    08:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    okay thanks, we went straight from 2019.3 to 2020.2, so hopefully we're good.
    Anyone running 2020.2 should apply the 2020.2.1 Hotfix as soon as possible to avoid any further complications. Markus posted the link below.

Current Local Time
    10:37 PM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I didn't see a place to download the hotfix directly. I had to go to my Autodesk account to download it.

Current Local Time
    05:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I didn't see a place to download the hotfix directly. I had to go to my Autodesk account to download it.
    Yes that's exactly the same thing I'm seeing, and a thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that some objects apparently had loose the ability to show in the right phase!!, for example I have some walls that are in the existing phase and will not demolished, nevertheless they disappear in the project phase whilst they are visible in the existing one!! and I've already done the update to Revit 2020.2.1,
    Last edited by Andres Franco; February 24th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.

Current Local Time

We had this happen on a user who was on 2020.2. First doors wouldn't show up when placed in exterior walls. The door placed but was not showing or cutting the wall. You could do a selection window and filter the invisible doors. User closed Revit and reopened the project. At that point they received the families are corrupt message and it was every family that was placed in the model. Upgraded the user to 2020.2.1, tried reloading all families and saving as a different central. This resulted in not receiving the corrupt message, but the doors still will not show up when placed in exterior walls and the corrupt message comes back if we try loading other doors or reloading the already loaded doors. Thankfully it was just a small little house remodel and not our typical large projects. We have a support ticket with autodesk, but they haven't figured out the issue. Crazy Autodesk QA process can't catch this for the money we pay!

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by doublebogie98 View Post
    Crazy Autodesk QA process can't catch this for the money we pay!
    If you follow the link in Scott's post #4 above, there's a pretty good explanation of what happened.
    Basically, the bug is a highly specific chain of events. the file had to be created in an older version, then upgraded using 2020.1 and then used in 2020.2.
    They can't catch everything and unfortunately, real-world usage is a different animal than in-lab testing.

Current Local Time
    04:37 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    i was actually impressed with their response. They actively spoke to people on here and took files in etc.

When i worked with Bentley and used their own actual forum you still got no response nor action.

Current Local Time

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If you follow the link in Scott's post #4 above, there's a pretty good explanation of what happened.
    Basically, the bug is a highly specific chain of events. the file had to be created in an older version, then upgraded using 2020.1 and then used in 2020.2.
    They can't catch everything and unfortunately, real-world usage is a different animal than in-lab testing.
    Just to clarify: The set of circumstance is MUCH more specific than that, which further exacerbates why it wasnt caught before hand. In addition to everything you said, It also had to be a project where "specific workflows or modeling circumstances happened," and (obviously) it wasnt that common of a workflow or chain of events, that led to it.

For instance: One of my clients had it happen to five models (so the circumstances are pretty common in their office), but every model of mine is in 2020.2, and it hasnt happened to a single one of mine here. So it wasnt simply "upgrading the models, and then it happens."

Ive been involved in a LOT of Support Requests over the years, and the way the team jumped in to try to ascertain the cause, AND how quickly they came out with a fix for it, was awesome.