Thread: eTransmit with unexpected results

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    07:07 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

eTransmit with unexpected results

I ran eTransmit today using some of the "Project Cleanup" tools ... except they didn't exactly cleanup as I expected. (The purpose of this exercise was to prepare the model for transmission to the GC's sub-contractors)

The options selected were:
    - Disable worksets
    - Purge Unused
    - Include all sheets
    - and only views on sheets

In the eTransmitted model, the walls disappeared from the plan, elevation, and section views (but not the RCP views). Creating new views revealed the walls were still in the model (plan, 3D, etc.). Also, the keynote schedules no longer respected the "filter by sheet" setting nor the sheet width setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit cleanup settings.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	38320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit walls disappear.png 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	38321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit keynote schedule.png 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	38322

I did some basic troubleshooting and concluded the wall issue occurred when using "Disable worksets" while the keynote schedule issue occurred with the "only sheets on views" setting. "Purge Unused" did not seem to have any effect (other than to purge unused families).

While I have found a way to achieve the desired model results by using Purge Unused only and then manually deleting the views I don't want to include, I'm curious: Has anyone else encountered similar results when using these settings for eTransmit?

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    08:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by CADiva View Post
    I ran eTransmit today using some of the "Project Cleanup" tools ... except they didn't exactly cleanup as I expected. (The purpose of this exercise was to prepare the model for transmission to the GC's sub-contractors)

The options selected were:
    - Disable worksets
    - Purge Unused
    - Include all sheets
    - and only views on sheets

In the eTransmitted model, the walls disappeared from the plan, elevation, and section views (but not the RCP views). Creating new views revealed the walls were still in the model (plan, 3D, etc.). Also, the keynote schedules no longer respected the "filter by sheet" setting nor the sheet width setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit cleanup settings.png 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	38320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit walls disappear.png 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	38321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eTransmit keynote schedule.png 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	38322

I did some basic troubleshooting and concluded the wall issue occurred when using "Disable worksets" while the keynote schedule issue occurred with the "only sheets on views" setting. "Purge Unused" did not seem to have any effect (other than to purge unused families).

While I have found a way to achieve the desired model results by using Purge Unused only and then manually deleting the views I don't want to include, I'm curious: Has anyone else encountered similar results when using these settings for eTransmit?
    By chance, do they have some worksets (like the worksets the walls are on) set to not be visible by Default? Ive seen weird things happen when that is the case, and Worksets were removed from the file. Seen it not just with eTransmit, but with regular DFC and Delete Worksets.

3.    #3
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    By chance, do they have some worksets (like the worksets the walls are on) set to not be visible by Default? Ive seen weird things happen when that is the case, and Worksets were removed from the file. Seen it not just with eTransmit, but with regular DFC and Delete Worksets.
    Walls are on _Workset1 with the rest of the modeled components and are visible in all views. (And yes, I verified this in my initial troubleshooting.)

There are a couple worksets set to be off by default (the furniture for instance), which is why the furniture appears on the floor plans once worksharing is disabled. I suspect this is one reason to not use worksets for visibility control.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CADiva View Post
    Walls are on _Workset1 with the rest of the modeled components and are visible in all views. (And yes, I verified this in my initial troubleshooting.)

There are a couple worksets set to be off by default (the furniture for instance), which is why the furniture appears on the floor plans once worksharing is disabled. I suspect this is one reason to not use worksets for visibility control.
    Hmmm. Even though the walls arent on a workset thats off by default, id be curious to see if the problem still occurs if you set them to all be visible by default, before you eTran it.

5.    #5
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Hmmm. Even though the walls arent on a workset thats off by default, id be curious to see if the problem still occurs if you set them to all be visible by default, before you eTran it.
    I set all the worksets to visible by default ... walls still disappeared.

So I went through all the VT's and spot checked VG on views without VT's ... walls still disappear.

Based on your earlier comment, I decided to see what happened with a basic DFC & Disable (vs eTran) ... and the walls disappear.

6.    #6
    Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ooooph. Thats freakin ugly!

Interesting find. I would (seriously) file a Support Request, and send that one in. Id love to know whats causing that. I almost never use either option, so ive never seen it. (I just send the models with worksharing enabled, as they are).