Thread: Scheduling items when manufacturers use different parameters

Current Local Time
    09:51 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Scheduling items when manufacturers use different parameters

I'm trying to make a lighting fixture schedule, but the manufacturers used different parameters in their models, even the same manufacturer used different parameters on different lighting models, so parts of the schedule are blank because it's not seeing the information. For example voltage is showing up in some cells, not in others, catalog numbers are the same. Is there a work around so I can type in the information, bypassing the parameters in the models so I don't spend several hour trying to make a simple schedule?

Current Local Time
    11:51 PM

If the manufacturer used multiple different parameters for voltage, you can combine these parameters into 1 row.
    If like you say some cells are blank, check your ''sort by'' settings, if you sort on a type, but it has different values in a instance parameter, it shows blank. so you might want to set that value to calculate totals, or take the lowest or highest value.

Current Local Time
    03:51 PM

I recently discovered Rush Forth Tools (http://www.rushforthprojects.com/), which includes a tool that allows a user to push a particular set of shared parameters into families. So here's how I might approach your challenge: Use the RF Tools Parameter Scheduler to push your schedule parameters into all the lighting families. Then in each lighting family, map the schedule parameters to the manufacturer's corresponding parameters. While this still means getting into each of the family files, the scheduling end is more straight forward.

Another alternate with the RF Tools Parameter Scheduler is using it to actually replace the manufacturer's parameters with the schedule parameters, but that means knowing what the parameters are and repeating that replacement task for the families ... hopefully in sets, but it sounds like even within a manufacturer's set, they are not consistent.