Thread: aligning bottle trap family

Current Local Time
    08:29 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

aligning bottle trap family

Hello all,
    I would really appreciate any help with this. I created a bottle trap family in revit mep 2010. I didn't make any family types so there are no parameters (labels).

I added two connectors, a 50mm inlet and a 40mm outlet connector. But when I insert the bottle trap under a sink, in does not connect. It does not flip/orient when it detects a pipe and just remains dumb - horizontal.

Please what am I missing out?

Out of the box revit mep plumbing fittings ie- wye, elbow, p-trap, all flip or orient thenselves when close to a pipe. and they all have their reference planes as NOT a Reference in Instance properties.

Please any help would do. How do I make my bottle trap orient/align properly?

Current Local Time

well, i've been on it for 3 days continous now. What i tried was to insert the connectors. I did a different model, still with no parameter, but carefully placed the connectors, primary, secondary and then link them.

The part still doesn't align to pipefittings like other revit content, P-trap, elbows etc. But when i manually rotate it and use the CONNECT INTO function, it does connect and become part of the system. Well, it's a start.

Current Local Time
    01:29 AM

At the Denver Revit User Group RMEP sub-group meeting last night (not heavily attended, but hey 2's company, 3's a crowd, ergo it was crowded) we devoted the entire evening to walking through best practices for creating a family on the fly. One of the things I noticed was a parameter to select the placement option which had as one of the choices "break into" which you might want to experiment with.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by fishandchips47 View Post
    One of the things I noticed was a parameter to select the placement option which had as one of the choices "break into" which you might want to experiment with.
    Thanks, I'm experimenting with this right now. I have to change the family category of the Pipe fitting as "Mechanical Equipment" so I can get the "Break Into" Part Type in Family parameters.

Yes the part now flips automatically. But there's no System connection yet. But thanks, I'll experiment with this a little more. Cheers.