Thread: lock constraint editing a family

Current Local Time
    11:08 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

lock constraint editing a family

hi
    i don't remember how it used to work before but when i'm making a family i need to constraint the line of my extrusion to reference lines but... i haven't time to click on the lock that it's ever disappear!! grrrrrrr
    so i draw nearly my reference line to align after these lines to have time to lock it but this is wasting time... i could "pick line" instead of drawing it (when i pick line i have time to lock it) but in my mind it's easier to draw lines and lock it...
    have you any suggestions?
    Phil

Current Local Time
    06:08 AM

The best way to lock elements to planes is to draw them off to the side first, and then use the Align tool to move them into place. The lock icon will appear when you've Aligned the element.
    You don't want to draw them in the "right place" immediately, because Revit tends to automatically lock things you don't want locked
    Not sure how you could use Pick Line. 99% of the time, yo're going to have to Trim after you use Pick Line, so that's not saving any time.
    And I HOPE you're not using Pick Line to trace DWG lines, because that's going to going to give you a lot of very slightly inaccurate junk

Current Local Time

Hello Dave,
    I just start reading your post and I think that's it really crazy to not be able to lock the lock (!)with the command align...
    Don't understand why there isn't a short cut to earn time.
    I read posts dealing with this and I understand that in some case it could have several locks but not so often
    Adesk says that the version 20 will be great (the best one) ... I'm ever laughing...the only revolution will be to have much more options on phases... Phase on revit is a DIY stuff...
    Sorry, I'm a bit irratated because being confined, or because of my boss but...
    Thanks Dave
    PS : I still use acad for PID (process schemes) but I know that both softwares are hardlyyyy compatible!

Envoy en utilisant Tapatalk

Current Local Time
    06:08 AM

Revit can be, well, "fussy" over some subtle check boxes. One of those is the "Chain" tickbox. This is a very useful feature, but, it "turns off" the locking symbol immediately, as it is expecting a new line, not a response to a lock.

Sometimes, you can Tab through a selection to "get back" to a feature, and once highlighted, it ought to show locking if that is available. Should, Maybe, Perhaps--your mileage may vary.

Such things are slow. So, I do as Dave, above, suggests, draw the limits out of place, then drag them to alignment, and lock them one at a time.

That's just my 2, spend it as you will.

Current Local Time

thanks Cap