Thread: Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    11:06 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

Since shifting my company to Revit 3yrs I have become committed to using the software to it's fullest and in doing so tend to specify products from companies that provide data rich Revit families for us to incorporate into our models for scheduling etc. It is always a headache when we are forced to specify a product where the BIM data is not available and we need to create the models ourselves at great time expense. Alternatively we are forced to use generic models which do not allow us any of the benefits of a product-specific model.

I am always hunting for companies that offer these resources. As an example i recently found this lighting company (Bega) which has a library with ~1800 data-rich revit families (2.5GB) downloadable as a single file (https://www.bega.com/en/service/planning-aids/). Finding these sorts of resources is like striking gold.

So with this in mind I would like to send out a call for information to this community to share resources like this which they can vouch for as reliable. I am not referring to websites like Revit City which offer user-built generic models, but rather actual companies. One other thing to bear in mind is the location of the company as there will implications in terms of availability and, of course, units (metric v imperial). We specifically are more Euro and Asia-Centric in terms of procurement and we use metric units, so maybe it's worth commenting on that when giving recommendations.

Hopefully we can pool our resources to build a database of companies together

ps please also provide specific links to the revit library rather than the company homepage.

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    09:06 AM

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Interesting that you are looking for those kinds of content, while I try to avoid them like a plaque
    The thing with most of that sort of content is that the Data Richness you talk about means that is has a lot of data I could not care less about, like product numbers, all sort of other numbers, websites to manuals, and many many more. I might be in a different industry or involved in different stages of a project, but I try to avoid naming brands at all. And next to that most (if not all) of the content will not play nice with my project when it comes to line weights, schedules, filters etc. which in the end will take a lot of time to make work with content from all over the place.
    Last edited by Robin Deurloo; June 21st, 2020 at 05:05 PM.

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    12:06 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    Interesting that you are looking for those kinds of content, while I try to avoid them like a plaque
    The thing with most of that sort of content is that the Data Richness you talk about means that is has a lot of data I could not care less about, like product numbers, all sort of other numbers, websites to manuals, and many many more. I might be in a different industry or involved in different stages of a project, but I try to avoid naming brands at all. And next to that most (if nor all) of the content will not play nice with my project when it comes to line weights, schedules, filters etc. which in the end will take a lot of time to make work with content from all over the place.
    All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    07:06 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.bimobject.com is a very good site with lots of Revit content to use in your models.