Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Keynote description blank in project, but correct in .txt file

  1.    #1
    Member
    Join Date
    October 14, 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    245
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Keynote description blank in project, but correct in .txt file

    The description is showing blank in the project but everything is formatted correctly in the .txt file. One thing I've noticed is that there is an extra period showing in the project keynote schedule that is not there in the .txt file (ex. 11.31.B)

    Keynote Schedule in Project

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revit Keynote Schedule in Project.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	39046

    Keynote .txt file

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	txt file.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	39047

    tried retyping out these lines but no luck, any ideas?

  2.    #2
    Administrator Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    11,088
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Any chance thats a SPACE in the text file, instead of a TAB?

  3.    #3
    Member
    Join Date
    October 14, 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    245
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Any chance thats a SPACE in the text file, instead of a TAB?
    thanks for the reply, I don't think that's the case. Here I'm viewing in Notepad++ which allows me to view SPACE (.) and TAB (->). Is it possibly a corrupt file

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notepad++.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	39048

  4.    #4
    Administrator Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    11,088
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by billiam View Post
    thanks for the reply, I don't think that's the case. Here I'm viewing in Notepad++ which allows me to view SPACE (.) and TAB (->). Is it possibly a corrupt file

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notepad++.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	39048
    I think its the inch symbols, actually. I think you need to have two in a row, to use them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-06-25_13-14-22.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	39050  

  5.    #5
    Forum Addict jmk's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31, 2012
    Location
    NM, USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Current Local Time
    03:30 AM

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Have you looked at the object that has the keynote in the project? Blank descriptions show up when the keynote an item has isn't in the keynote file - That would also explain the discrepancy between periods.

    Ex. "POS" element has keynote 11.31.N, which isn't in the keynote file, thus would show as no description.

  6.    #6
    Administrator Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    11,088
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk View Post
    Have you looked at the object that has the keynote in the project? Blank descriptions show up when the keynote an item has isn't in the keynote file - That would also explain the discrepancy between periods.

    Ex. "POS" element has keynote 11.31.N, which isn't in the keynote file, thus would show as no description.
    Good eyes! I hadnt even noticed that.

  7.    #7
    Member
    Join Date
    October 14, 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    245
    Current Local Time
    04:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk View Post
    Have you looked at the object that has the keynote in the project? Blank descriptions show up when the keynote an item has isn't in the keynote file - That would also explain the discrepancy between periods.

    Ex. "POS" element has keynote 11.31.N, which isn't in the keynote file, thus would show as no description.
    you're exactly right, it wasn't in the keynote file. I was able to re-assign the 'new' keynotes to the description I wanted, and the 11.31.N went away. This does beg the question, how did someone create a new keynote number outside of the keynote .txt file

  8.    #8
    Forum Addict jmk's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31, 2012
    Location
    NM, USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Current Local Time
    03:30 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by billiam View Post
    you're exactly right, it wasn't in the keynote file. I was able to re-assign the 'new' keynotes to the description I wanted, and the 11.31.N went away. This does beg the question, how did someone create a new keynote number outside of the keynote .txt file
    You can put any keynote number you want in the field by typing (vs clicking the dots to bring up the associated list). It is nearly always the case in manufacturer content families (where it is done intentionally), but also is likely to occur if items are copied from an older project that used an older/different keynote file. I'll often hand-type the keynote because its faster than clicking down to where it is in the list, but sometimes I miss a character and get the blank field.

Similar Threads

  1. Keynote - Blank Row
    By Tinyman in forum MEP - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 25th, 2020, 06:35 PM
  2. Best workflow to correct a building location in Revit based on a CAD file
    By giicko in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 20th, 2015, 05:17 AM
  3. Keynote File, Office Wide or Project Specific
    By Drew in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 8th, 2014, 08:20 PM
  4. keynotes: loading entirely new keynote txt file into an existing project
    By TraceStudio in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 10th, 2014, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •