Thread: Thin Lines

Lurker
    Current Local Time
    04:05 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thin Lines

Hey guys,

Just got a new laptop with a high resolution screen. Having problems with the Thin Lines setting where it changes everything to one pixel thick when modeling. Basically because the screen resolution is high 1 pixel seems really thin is hard to see and is hurting my eyes. Is there anyway to change that setting?

Can change the screen resolution i guess but then everything else doesn't look as sharp and like the screen looking sharp. Generally not a problem as I normal draw at my desk plugged into a bigger screen. But occasionally out and about want to use my laptops screen to draw as that is kind of the point of a laptop.
    Any help in working out how to adjust this setting it would be good. Preferrably to 2 pixels maybe 3, would need to see.
    Thanks for your help.

Current Local Time
    01:05 AM

Not possible to alter the setting.

Current Local Time
    11:05 PM

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    also, stop using Thin Lines so much

Current Local Time

I'm with Greg on this. I really do not like modeling with Thin Lines enabled.....only use it when troubleshooting.

Me? For my working views, i bump view scale to something like 1/2"=1'-0" which preserves lineweights while making everything very clear to see. I notice most staff leave it at 1/8" which i find less conducive to modeling. Fine for documentation. But that's just me. YMMV.

Jon

p.s. many other ways to skin the cat. You can use view templates to change object lineweights in view, etc etc. The view scale is the quickest though....
    Last edited by kingjosiah; July 7th, 2020 at 05:41 AM.

Current Local Time
    06:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kingjosiah View Post
    I'm with Greg on this. I really do not like modeling with Thin Lines enabled.....only use it when troubleshooting.

Me? For my working views, i bump view scale to something like 1/2"=1'-0" which preserves lineweights while making everything very clear to see. I notice most staff leave it at 1/8" which i find less conducive to modeling. Fine for documentation. But that's just me. YMMV.

Jon

p.s. many other ways to skin the cat. You can use view templates to change object lineweights in view, etc etc. The view scale is the quickest though....
    I am legitly wondering why is it that you choose to work with thin lines disabled. Personally i find it offers a great deal of precision which otherwise would not be reached without this option being activated.

Current Local Time
    12:05 AM

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    I am legitly wondering why is it that you choose to work with thin lines disabled. Personally i find it offers a great deal of precision which otherwise would not be reached without this option being activated.
    We all have our preferences. If that works for you without interfering with how the final documents come out, then great. Like others, I work primarily with Thin Lines off and only turn it on for specific tasks because I like to keep an eye out on the line weights as I work.

Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    I am legitly wondering why is it that you choose to work with thin lines disabled.
    Quite simply because *none* of the precision is sacrificed AND i am very quickly to determine what each line represents because there is a lineweight associated with it. We architects are a visual bunch and lineweights help to inform. I never said i don't use Thin Lines.....but i reserve it for times when needing to discern between very small minute distances. For general modeling, changing View Scale allows me to see everything i need, e.g. layers of GWB.

As CADiva noted.....everyone has their own preferences. Below are images of a plan with my visual preference, and one with the default 1/8". Clearly, one is easier to read. I invite you to give this workflow a try. You might actually like it.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan 0.5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	39089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan 0.125.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	39090