Thread: export DWG

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    10:23 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

export DWG

hello
    i made a big mistake : i made a new export file to DWG but i did it on a 2019 verion.... and i need to export sheet on a file 2018... as we can't export fle text to export DWG i'm a bit.... well... another blakc point with revit and its abilities to work between differents versions...
    as i'm Frtench (and we love grumbling) i can't resist to post ta letter send few days ago to Adesk CEO
    https://aecmag.com/comment-mainmenu-...d-better-value
    so expensive and so many headaches!!
    Phil

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    06:23 PM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Why didn't you just have your subject be that letter? It's going to be a hot topic.

That letter looks to be from unseasoned frustrated Revit users (and maybe other more management type people who might not use Revit regularly). It has no real substance other than maybe the increasing costs. The questions aren't questions and they start with #2. I mean, come on, if you are going to write a letter in an attempt to get a company like Autodesk to change their ways, it better be well written and have actual tangible facts, not speculation, opinions, and hearsay.

If it were actually written by principles of those companies, why does it feel like it was written by the people on the front lines without proper resources to do their job correctly?

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    05:23 PM

The question numbers refer to the attached PDF chart.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    06:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    The question numbers refer to the attached PDF chart.
    I see that now but it definitely wasn't clear until you pointed it out. I still stand by my other comments.

As to that survey, the data collected is definitely swayed towards the negative. Frustrated users are going to be looking for an outlet and will respond in force to such surveys. Users that are happy are much less likely to respond and/or even see it.

5.    #5
    Current Local Time

There is already a thread about that letter, here: https://revitforum.org/showthread.ph...661#post232661

And im going to same the same thing in this thread that i said over there:

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool
    I (personally) think if the conversation stays civil and constructive, there is nothing wrong with having the conversation here. When this topic has come up recently (several times), a couple of specific people have started with attacks aimed at specific people working for or at Autodesk, or within Development. If that happen, im locking this post.
    There is no harm (at all) in a constructive post where people list things they arent happy with (even if not all of them have merit, which is often the case).

6.    #6
    Current Local Time
    03:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by philsogood View Post
    hello
    i made a big mistake : i made a new export file to DWG but i did it on a 2019 verion.... and i need to export sheet on a file 2018... as we can't export fle text to export DWG i'm a bit.... well... another blakc point with revit and its abilities to work between differents versions...
    as i'm Frtench (and we love grumbling) i can't resist to post ta letter send few days ago to Adesk CEO
    Phil
    i'm not exactly sure what your issue was here? Revit will export to DWG versions: 2018, 2013, 2010, and 2007. If you are in Revit 2018, 19, 20, or 21, it will export to all these versions. If you are in Revit 2017 or earlier, then remove the 2018 DWG from the list.

7.    #7
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by philsogood View Post
    hello
    Phil
    Actually, i have a serious question now, related to your original post: There ISNT an AutoCAD "2019 DWG version" at all. The latest file format change in AutoCAD *was* the 2018 version. So how did you "accidentally" export to a "2019 version," or is there a mistake in your original post?

8.    #8
    Current Local Time

Hello
    I've got a2018 file and I need to create DWG but my export file that I did on another perfect which I created with a 2019 version...
    So, as it was to make the last drafts (as built version) I convert it to 2019,i created my DWG (and import from my other file my export parameter) and delete in the end the 2019 file, I prefer to not change the version of a file... (my way of thinking)
    I would like to apologise, I'm not here for the hot topic. I used to practice a French forum on Acad (cadxp.com) since 10 years and French people in their posts don't hesitate to make hot topic about adesk and their way of thinking about business and marketing... I read very few posts like this on RFO and I like it...
    What is really boring on revit is off not being able to have a file format for several years (as DWG is... We're still on a 2018 type file) and this kind is only for marketing... which is quite useless because now you can only rent the software... Well... Not easy to have to use several projects on different versions when you don't have a hard/strong template...
    Phil

Envoy en utilisant Tapatalk

9.    #9
    Current Local Time

I think i understand what you are saying now. I get that English isnt your first language, so im sure typing on an English forum is tough.

I think what you are saying is:

Your model is in Revit 2018. Thats what you did the project in.

Then, in Revit 2019, you created a file that is your current "Export to DWG standards," which makes sense, as we now have to save that IN the file, and use Transfer Project Standards to move it to other files, since the legacy .txt version doesnt function, anymore.

If i have that correct (im guessing, from the bits i see in your paragraph), then yes: You are stuck, since you cant save back in the 2019 file that you created your standards in. But... If you arent creating your office libraries and standards in your oldest functioning version (2018) you might as well upgrade the project to 2019, as there would be a ton of issues working in 2018, if all of your current materials are in 2019.

For what its worth, i upgrade all of our projects. The only years i didnt, was 2016-2018, and even then, we did as long as they werent nearing 100% construction documents.

10.    #10
    Current Local Time

@twice
    You see what my issue was
    Yes it's a long way to build a good template but I'm not so far now... Just need others projects (my but boss isn't thinking that "maquette numrique" [oops] isn't a good way for large projects)
    Phil

Envoy en utilisant Tapatalk