Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D views take forever to load

Current Local Time
    02:55 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

3D views take forever to load

When trying to open a 3D view in the Revit 2019.2 model, it takes up to 6 minutes for the 3D view to load, then each time I adjust the clip range add an additional 6 minutes! While processing this, the drawing session goes into Not Responding mode.

When using the Selection Box (BX) command, this does NOT provide a 3D view! It just hangs the model, then the only way to close this would be to End Task and re-open the model. Everything else seems to work just fine!

The other 3 ppl accessing this same model have no problems at all. I am the only one that does! We are each working remotely, via a remote website app called Connectwise.com

In this time for a remove and reinstall perhaps? Hardware appears to be just fine.

Thx

2.    #2
    Current Local Time

Hi there, would any one know if I can contact Autodesk support and speak to someone there without having a service agreement?

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    03:55 AM

Connectwise is just an IT MSP, so that doesnt really help us understand your setup, at all. It sounds (to me, making a wild guess) like you are all working remotely, and Connectwise is how you are connected... Is that accurate?

1. Where is the file you are actually trying to work on. Local, on a company server, or on BIM 360?
    2. Your machine specs (all of them)
    3. Your teammates machine specs (all of them)
    4. If you are all working remote (server or BIM360) what is your internet service like?
    5. In the model, if you go in to VG:Imports, or VT:VG:Imports, how many DWG's or imported files are listed there?

Right now, there isnt ANYWHERE near enough information to help you.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    08:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nutech12 View Post
    it takes up to 6 minutes for the 3D view to load, then each time I adjust the clip range add an additional 6 minutes!
    Something like this never happened to me. Never. And I work with lots of big moedels.

The way I see it, you had to do something really, really wrong here. But what you actually did wrong is not apparent with the little information that you provided. Post the model so we can find out.

5.    #5
    Current Local Time

Thx but posting the model I feel won't make a difference as there are 4 other members on my team that have zero probs.

As to what i may have done wrong, wouldn't this also impact the other users? Imo, there a connectivity issues of some sort, what these actually are... who knows, IT S/w and Hardware have not been able to figure this out.

6.    #6
    Current Local Time

Thx but posting the model I feel won't make a difference as there are 4 other members on my team that have zero probs.

As to what i may have done wrong, wouldn't this also impact the other users? Imo, there a connectivity issues of some sort, what these actually are... who knows, IT S/w and Hardware have not been able to figure this out.
    I agree that its not the model itself, but no one here can do ANYTHING but guess, until you answer all of the questions above.

7.    #7
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Connectwise is just an IT MSP, so that doesnt really help us understand your setup, at all. It sounds (to me, making a wild guess) like you are all working remotely, and Connectwise is how you are connected... Is that accurate?
    Yes.

1. Where is the file you are actually trying to work on. Local, on a company server, or on BIM 360?
    Company Server, we access a personal PC in the office, via Connectwise

2. Your machine specs (all of them)
    i7-479 @3.60ghz
    32 GB DDR4ram
    NVIDIA Quadro K2200

3. Your teammates machine specs (all of them)
    One other (can't get the others):
    Xeon CPU E3-1271v3 @ 3600GHz
    32 GB DDR4ram

Thats all I can acquire from another colleague on this team.

4. If you are all working remote (server or BIM360) what is your internet service like?
    My personal PC speed (cable is approx 600-639mbps D/L and 21mbps U/L)
    My office PC I am conected with via connectwise is approx 85mbps D/L and 75mbps U/L I believe they are DSL.
    the employees working at this company are logged into their own office PC's via CW. While working remotely.

5. In the model, if you go in to VG:Imports, or VT:VG:Imports, how many DWG's or imported files are listed there?

Right now, there isnt ANYWHERE near enough information to help you.
    Hoping the above can assist in helping.

8.    #8
    Current Local Time

Hoping the above can assist in helping.
    So, im genuinely curious to get the rest of the specs off your colleagues computers. Your on a 6 year old 4GB GPU, thats Keplar based... And there are 21 CAD files in that view. Im not surprised its taking a long time to regen. Six Minutes does SEEM long, for sure. I would expect it to be faster.

But there could be a number of reasons:

Connect Wise not passing through the GPU capacity
    Connect Wise not being configured properly
    That GPU not being up to the challenge....

I would swap computers with a coworker, that you are both connecting to. So let a coworker connect to yours, and you connect to theirs. See who the problem stays with. That will tell you a lot, actually. If it stays with you, its Connect Wise or the device you are using from home, or some combination. If your coworker has the same slowdown connecting to your machine, it has something to do with that machine.

9.    #9
    Current Local Time

Thanks for your input, I am passing it onto IT. This morning, Connectwise was down, here in Canada. Since being back online, it doesn't take so long for a 3D view to open. Certainly not as long as it did before, confirming my original thought that there was something up with Connectwise! Although it didn't affect the other members on my team.

Whatever they did this morning CW seems to be have been reset! Then again who knows what the folks at CW may have done to resolve our outage this am. I've endured this for about 2 weeks!

The problem RETURNS!
    Last edited by nutech12; September 3rd, 2020 at 01:23 PM.

10.    #10
    Current Local Time

As an update, I have opened several other models from similar type projects and size that he model the 4 of us are working on. each time I open the View>Selection box tool, 10-12 seconds later i had a 3D View I could manipulate. adjusting the clip range took an additional 10 secs to make.

The model I have problems with crashed again last evening when using this tool. when i opened the re-opened model, a 3D view opened after 3mins and 20 secs. Subsequent adjustments to the clip range in this view also took no less that 3 mins 20 seconds. This doesn't occur when others are opening the same model.

working from home via Connectwise connected to a stand alone PC in the office.