Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: hiding floor slab in elevation

  1.    #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 10, 2018
    Posts
    10
    Current Local Time
    12:37 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Question hiding floor slab in elevation

    what is the simple & fastest way to put finish material (plaster/mortar) on the exterior walls?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121650.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	665.8 KB 
ID:	39293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121722.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	39294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121735.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	39295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121818.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	39296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121856.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	39297  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 121907.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	39298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 124015.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	477.8 KB 
ID:	39299  

  2.    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 14, 2012
    Location
    Where the plains meet the mountains
    Posts
    502
    Current Local Time
    03:37 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What you're showing is what I'm thinking given the building construction. I'm curious to see if there are other suggestions.

  3.    #3
    Moderator
    "OMG I killed Revit"
    dzatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,280
    Current Local Time
    04:37 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    That's how I do all of my buildings. One wall for the sheathing and studs, a second wall for the air gap (if there is one) and the finish material. Then join wall so your openings cut both walls. You could create all layers in one wall type (which I did when I first started), but I like the two wall method better. It gives me more control.

  4.    #4
    Member scourdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4, 2013
    Posts
    76
    Current Local Time
    02:37 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Really depends what phase of the project you are in. Quickest way is use the wall material and paint it to the slab edge. Then join geometry floor slab with the wall. If you want to construct it properly, you can use this base extension which can cover your slab edge. See screenshot below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saved.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	39305

  5.    #5
    Member pivoarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16, 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    375
    Current Local Time
    05:37 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I do multiwall exteriors on all of our buildings as well. It is actually how we have our template set up. In one of my current projects there are actually 3 walls that make up our exterior assembly.
    Wall 1: Gyp, Gyp, Stud (Stops and Starts at top and bottom of the slab)
    Wall 2: Gyp, Gyp Insulation (Passes the Slab)
    Wall 3: Air Space/Brick or Metal Panel (Varies by location)

  6.    #6
    Member d.stairmand's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24, 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    404
    Current Local Time
    09:37 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You could use a Single Wall, with a Plaster/Concrete/Plaster Materials
    When making the Floor you can then use "Pick Wall" & make it snap to "Core Face" Picking the Concrete portion of the wall

  7.    #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 10, 2018
    Posts
    10
    Current Local Time
    12:37 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    That's how I do all of my buildings. One wall for the sheathing and studs, a second wall for the air gap (if there is one) and the finish material. Then join wall so your openings cut both walls. You could create all layers in one wall type (which I did when I first started), but I like the two wall method better. It gives me more control.
    ok so i did what you suggested but it take some time and i need in several cases to edit profile of the finish layer.

    Quote Originally Posted by scourdx View Post
    Really depends what phase of the project you are in. Quickest way is use the wall material and paint it to the slab edge. Then join geometry floor slab with the wall. If you want to construct it properly, you can use this base extension which can cover your slab edge. See screenshot below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saved.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	39305

    i will try to make the floor slab and the wall with the same material and then join them. it sound good way to model the building.

    Quote Originally Posted by pivoarch View Post
    I do multiwall exteriors on all of our buildings as well. It is actually how we have our template set up. In one of my current projects there are actually 3 walls that make up our exterior assembly.
    Wall 1: Gyp, Gyp, Stud (Stops and Starts at top and bottom of the slab)
    Wall 2: Gyp, Gyp Insulation (Passes the Slab)
    Wall 3: Air Space/Brick or Metal Panel (Varies by location)
    that sound hard to work like that

    Quote Originally Posted by d.stairmand View Post
    You could use a Single Wall, with a Plaster/Concrete/Plaster Materials
    When making the Floor you can then use "Pick Wall" & make it snap to "Core Face" Picking the Concrete portion of the wall
    i will try it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-27 172513.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	39313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-27 172532.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	39314  

Similar Threads

  1. Hiding Floor Plans
    By akaplan in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: January 28th, 2016, 10:46 PM
  2. Hiding floor 1 when i'm working in floor2
    By ElisaFurla in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27th, 2015, 01:09 AM
  3. How Can I Hide Slab elevation Lines In Elevation ?
    By YahyaM. in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 19th, 2014, 08:28 AM
  4. hiding elevation tags by type, (in all views)
    By gentlepuppies in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
  5. Hiding geometry in an elevation view
    By lukewallace1990 in forum Architecture - Family Creation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 4th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •