Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I show a complete plan that does not grey out the existing plan?

Current Local Time
    05:20 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

How do I show a complete plan that does not grey out the existing plan?

I've drawn my house and then added an extension, but I need to produce final plans that show the original/existing. The existing is all dark grey, how do I fix this?

This is the settings for the phases. The finished view shows a weird roof?

I just need a complete plane without the roof or greyed out?

Layer Phase Filter Phase
    FFLG - Exisitng Show all Existing
    FFLG - Demo Show previous New construction
    FFLG New Show previous New construction Existing is greyed out?
    FFLC - finished Show complete New construction
    3d Show Complete New construction Shows existing windows which were demoed and new?

These are the pictures of each stage - the 3d shows original and new windows/doors?

Existing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	existing-view.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	39478

Demo

Name:	demo-view.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	39479

New

Name:	new-view.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	39480

Finished

Name:	Finished-view.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	39481

Current Local Time
    07:20 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You need to make a Phase Filters that has both the existing and new phase set to By Category
    Last edited by Robin Deurloo; September 25th, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

Current Local Time

Thanks for that, but how do I do that. I created a new phase in Manage/phases and called it finished (under phase filters) but nothing changes?

Current Local Time

OK so what I would do is just have 2 phases, Existing and New as those are the 2 phases your project has.

Than you create a new Phase Filter, call it Existing + New for example and set both New and Existing to 'By Category' and the others on 'Not Displayed' (see first image)

For the views you want this to work in you have to set your Phase to New and you Phase Filter to Existing + New. (see second image)
    This should get you the result you want, where all the wall etc. are their regular visibility without the grey walls.

Name:	phase filters.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	39484 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phase filters 2.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	39485
    Last edited by Robin Deurloo; September 26th, 2020 at 02:27 PM.

Current Local Time
    01:20 AM

Not in front of Revit right now, but doesn't setting the Phase to "Show Complete" do what you need?

6.    #6
    Current Local Time

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you both earlier. Show complete didn't work Dave, I tried every option previously but what Robin suggested may work. I'll try it tomorrow when I have more time and let you know. I did play with the settings for half an hour this morning to what I think you meant Robin, but then everything disappeared. But when i went back and just changed some of it, I think it worked. Just have to work out what I did. I do still have a window showing that I demolished which I replaced with a door (I see both at once). I'll let you know when I play with it tomorrow night. I appreciate the help. What's it like living in Rotterdam Robin, I want to go there one day when Covid craziness clears up. I'm aussie born but my parents (Van Den Hoek) are from Holland, Dad grew up in Velp and left when he was 13 (he's 88). He tells many stories but his favourite was watching 100's of British paratroopers landing at the battle of Arnhem and the celebrations at the end of the war.

7.    #7
    Current Local Time

I think you might need to check if all the elements are modeled and demolished in the right phase, because you mentioning that just 1 windows shows up while it shouldn't is weird.

Van den Hoek is indeed a very Dutch name
    Living in Holland is pretty good, relatively stable government, no big natural disasters anymore after the floods of 1953 because of some pretty cool engineering marvels here (look up Deltawerken), mostly flat so great for riding your bicycle so that why we Dutchies do that a lot (more bicycles here then people, I have 2 myself) and the weather is OK-ish most of the time too.

Rotterdam was a very industrial city 20 years ago, but has grown into a very nice city to live in, while still having one of the worlds biggest ports, with modern architecture (thanx to the nazi's bombing it in WW2) and lot of nice places to eat and drink. I actually made a post in the Out There section of this forum about the newest architectural marvel in Rotterdam that openen last week, which is an example of what is possible here. Might add a few more cool building to that thread to showcase the city a bit more

If you even visit Holland, do drop by Rotterdam for sure. It was getting a bit more touristy before COVID but not the tourists like they see them in Amsterdam most of the time that are there for the booze, hookers a marihuana.

8.    #8
    Current Local Time

Okay, so I finally got time to have a bit more of a play and I'm getting closer. This is what I setup from the instructions, I hope I got it right? I also went back to check I was only demoing in the demo view. Robin, you said I should setup an existing and new view, but if you don't have a demo view, how do you demo?

The first 2 pics are the phases.

The 3rd pic is FFLG existing, but for some reason the demo appears in blue even though it's on a separate layer called demo? The phase filter is show all, phase is existing? The demo has the phase filter set to finished and phase set to existing. I did all my demo in the demo floor plan?

The 4th pic is FFLG New. Phase Filter and Phases set to Finished. For some reason the half-height window over the sink (which replaced a full height window) shows red demolition (again I did this in demo?).
    https://i.ibb.co/HNvPVB6/Phase-1-30-9-for-forum.png
    http://i.ibb.co/WK74mpS/Project-Phas...-for-forum.png
    https://i.ibb.co/kJDJfw5/FFLG-Existi...-for-forum.png
    https://i.ibb.co/KKmBLMT/FFLG-new-30-9-for-forum.png

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

9.    #9
    Current Local Time

Happy to help.

OK this is a thing a lot of people do and I was told to do by the one that learned me how to use Revit a long time ago, but Demo is not a phase. You demo in the NEW phase.

I would also remove the Finished phase, no need for it, so you have all the existing stuff modeled in the EXISTING phase and the demo and new stuff done in the NEW phase, can't be any simpler.

You have your Phase Filter Existing + New setup correctly

For the 2 Views, set the Phase Filter for BOTH to Existing + New and set the phase itself to NEW for the view you wanna show the new Phase and EXISITNG for the view you wanna see the existing phase.

That is how I setup all my projects, so I know it works.

10.    #10
    Current Local Time

Okay, that doesn't work so now I'm confused.

I removed all the views except Existing and New.

But when I set Existing to existing + new and Phase to New, it's all red dashed lines.
    When I set existing to 'existing + new' and the phase to new, same thing -all red dashed lines .

If I set Existing to Show all and phase to Existing, it looks right.
    If I set New to finished and finished it looks right?

We were told at the course I did to set the different views up including demo on it's own?