Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equivalent node

Current Local Time
    07:50 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Remove those first 2 nodes and just make a list with the same string names as in your column A of the excel. ["Windows", "Doors", etc]

That should get you past this hurdle. The rest of that script looks pretty convoluted so unsure if it is actually going to work. The template things you're testing are completely irrelevant.

And to repeat myself, if you're learning this on Dynamo 1.2, just stop, stop right now and focus your time and effort on current releases.

Current Local Time
    06:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn_K View Post
    Remove those first 2 nodes and just make a list with the same string names as in your column A of the excel. ["Windows", "Doors", etc]

That should get you past this hurdle. The rest of that script looks pretty convoluted so unsure if it is actually going to work. The template things you're testing are completely irrelevant.

And to repeat myself, if you're learning this on Dynamo 1.2, just stop, stop right now and focus your time and effort on current releases.
    Why is it irrelevant?
    Thanks for the excel cue!

**update** I was using the dynamo from 2021 which is not 1.2.2 , I tought it was the 1.2.2 since I installed it.. but it was not. So I took the moment to remove others from my computer! thanks
    Yeah I am downloading right now, sorry last time I checked on autodesk store it was the last version. I am redownloading it! thanks sir!
    Last edited by Midaz; October 26th, 2020 at 09:18 PM.

Current Local Time
    07:50 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Your testing the same script against different templates.

The error in your script is in the step that it asks the BuiltInCategories for its Name in string format and that the action cannot be done. So it does not matter what Categories they are or what template is active in Revit. The object type of which you ask the name is probably not compatible with the way that Node asks the Name.

Like I said earlier, I see nothing smart or efficient in collecting all (!) the Categories in Revit, ask them for their name and then comparing them to a very select list of names in an excel sheet.
    Could be a lot less resource intensive by just asking a Categoy.ByName using the first column from the Excel. (Assuming the excel and the Revit install are in the same language)

Current Local Time
    06:50 AM

I tought you were saying entire script was wrong and useless. I agree, it is huge for maybe not too much ! I will rework around it, I will keep the frame to guide me and learn trought it!

Thanks for your advice sir! I will let you know when I'm done