Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't see it in the view? Here's 33 reasons maybe why

Current Local Time
    08:08 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    # Next : Room height is lower than cut plane... (room doesn't show...)

Current Local Time
    10:08 AM

Nice.......

Forum Co-Founder Alfredo Medina's Avatar
    Current Local Time
    03:08 AM

• Reason 30... something... : Autodesk decided for you that the category that you need to show for this project, in this type of view, will not be visible (Such as showing railings in a ceiling plan, yes, sometimes we need it. ).

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    • Reason 30... something... : Autodesk decided for you that the category that you need to show for this project, in this type of view, will not be visible (Such as showing railings in a ceiling plan, yes, sometimes we need it.
    I reckon someone pre-Autodesk decided for you. Autodesk continues that decision. We get to figure out workarounds.

Current Local Time
    09:08 AM

Hello,

I have quiet different question regarding hiding elements..
    What would be the best way to have a family hidden in every single view but still counting in schedules? (would be so cool if Revit would let to turn off visibility in all detail levels...)

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by linas View Post
    I have quiet different question regarding hiding elements..
    What would be the best way to have a family hidden in every single view but still counting in schedules? (would be so cool if Revit would let to turn off visibility in all detail levels...)
    Solids have a Visible parameter. Might be challenging to select a Component that had everything invisible in it. I think there are other tricks to add things to schedules without extant Components.

Current Local Time
    09:08 AM

Those hidden elements will be nested in another family, so there's no need to select them in project. If you turn off visibility - it does not appear in schedules.
    The only way I came so far is using hidden line for "hidden family", but then it is hard to find them at host family as well..

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by linas View Post
    Those hidden elements will be nested in another family, so there's no need to select them in project. If you turn off visibility - it does not appear in schedules.
    The only way I came so far is using hidden line for "hidden family", but then it is hard to find them at host family as well..
    Nested components have to be Shared to appear in schedules.

This is off-topic because this tread is for those who want to see elements, not hide them.

Current Local Time
    12:38 PM

Can't unhide element

Hi all,
    So yesterday I was taking a Revit test on my job (intermediate user, I am no Revit Jedi) and came across this question "The attached file contains a model text hidden somewhere in the project, unhide it."
    Although I passed the test but one day later, I am still none the wiser about unhiding this supposedly exiting model text. Wondering if anyone here would like to take a shot at it and share their experience perhaps?

Cheers!
    Shaink
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mr. Revit OpEd
    Current Local Time
    12:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Shaink
    ..."The attached file contains a model text hidden somewhere in the project, unhide it."...
    That was a test? More like a dirty trick frankly... They created a family with model text, placed a copy in the project and then went back to the family, unchecked the visibility of the model text element and reloaded it.

Are you going for a project tech support position? Regardless, if they have people routinely pulling that kind of stunt they need to talk to HR.