Thread: Naviswork selection

Current Local Time
    08:13 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Naviswork selection

Hey guys, I have a small question for you all about Naviswork, I do have a lot of selection sets made from one project. I did export it , and import it back into another project. However, selection set do not find anything anymore. It is mostly because it is not linked to the append files. How are you working so all your search sets are set for all your projects? You keep the same name for all your append files?

thanks for your help!

Current Local Time
    09:13 PM

Either search in all files because your data-structure and classification system is strong, Or start using dummy .nwc files (E, stairs, W, etc) that you already appended to your template, then when you get the real project files you rename those to the dummy names and override the old ones in your project folder.

My Navis "template" is a folder with 20+ files (1 nwf and a bunch of nwc's) and a handful of subfolders in it.

Current Local Time

So if for example I have a dummy file named LGR - Structure , LGR - Architecture etc etc.. and week I rename their NWC the same name, update the NWF file, it should keep the search sets the way it is ?

that is what I tought , I wanted to make sure before a big project! thanks for your help Bjorn !

Current Local Time
    02:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Midaz View Post
    Hey guys, I have a small question for you all about Naviswork, I do have a lot of selection sets made from one project. I did export it , and import it back into another project. However, selection set do not find anything anymore. It is mostly because it is not linked to the append files. How are you working so all your search sets are set for all your projects? You keep the same name for all your append files?

thanks for your help!
    A "Selection Set" and a "Search Set" are totally different. The former wont work, file to file, because the items are different. The latter will transfer and work the way you are thinking.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    A "Selection Set" and a "Search Set" are totally different. The former wont work, file to file, because the items are different. The latter will transfer and work the way you are thinking.
    I mean search set sorry !

then from my search set I can create selection sets that I need to update regularly with the project changes right?
    then i can make my clash detection rules

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Midaz View Post
    I mean search set sorry !

then from my search set I can create selection sets that I need to update regularly with the project changes right?
    then i can make my clash detection rules
    You dont *need* selection sets at all. I dont fully understand the issue you are having, either.

My search sets run across some (or all) of the NWC's. And when i produce new NWC's (named the same thing) and reopen the NWF, they just work. As they always have.

Current Local Time

I will also back that up - all my Search Sets, I have to re-select the appended files in the project and Update them for that specific project so they work again.

I do have a couple of Selection Sets in my template, they're only for very minor and specific uses for hiding and unhiding roofs and slabs. It's my own method and it doesn't work well with Search Sets in the way I need it to so it's a very easy workaround. That's the only Selection Sets that gets used or needs to ever be used for me.

-TZ

Current Local Time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tzframpton View Post
    I will also back that up - all my Search Sets, I have to re-select the appended files in the project and Update them for that specific project so they work again.

I do have a couple of Selection Sets in my template, they're only for very minor and specific uses for hiding and unhiding roofs and slabs. It's my own method and it doesn't work well with Search Sets in the way I need it to so it's a very easy workaround. That's the only Selection Sets that gets used or needs to ever be used for me.

-TZ
    Interesting. One of these days (when we get to do a project together, again) we will have to compare, because i dont have to do that. I wonder why?

Current Local Time

Interesting. One of these days (when we get to do a project together, again) we will have to compare, because i dont have to do that. I wonder why?
    I'll show you for sure. It's not for all slabs and roofs, it's only for when I'm live in meetings.

Also, the ceiling grid generator is the cat's meow!! Can't get enough of that tool.

-TZ

Current Local Time

You dont *need* selection sets at all. I dont fully understand the issue you are having, either.

My search sets run across some (or all) of the NWC's. And when i produce new NWC's (named the same thing) and reopen the NWF, they just work. As they always have.
    If I don't have a selection set and just use a folder which has all my search set, my rules doesn't work at all. no clash is reduce or anything so I tried with selection set and now it worked.. that is the reason I use selection set !