Thread: Looking for Software for ITM Hanger Scheduling

Current Local Time
    11:44 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Looking for Software for ITM Hanger Scheduling

Hello, we are just entering the fabrication world and have been using Victaulic Tools for spools and we are starting to schedule hangers which Victaulic doesn't seem to do. Does anyone know of some software we can use to schedule ITM hangers? It appears that BIMPro will do it but it's very $$$. I like Victaulic for spools but we really need the hanger scheduling features and I'm trying to avoid switching to BIMPro software just for hangers if I can help it. Thanks in advance.

Current Local Time
    12:44 PM

I don't know of anything that exists that doesn't do it "all the way" so the cheaper options may not exist, or if they do they may not be worth it. BIMPro is an all-or-nothing tool and from what I have seen it works very well. I believe there's also AlliedBIM that may be a better price tag. Reach out to them with hanger support though:

https://www.alliedbim.com/fabrication-tools

In the end, the price tag of BIMPro or AlliedBIM is literally fractions of pennies on the dollar if you utilize it to a full potential in terms of labor savings cost. BIMPro works on top of Revit so you won't be switching, it's what you'll be using at all times.

-TZ

Current Local Time

That's very helpful, thank you. I agree, this will save us tons of $$$. I'll present it that way to my boss.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by nuuvox View Post
    That's very helpful, thank you. I agree, this will save us tons of $$$. I'll present it that way to my boss.
    Reach out to the MSUITE or AlliedBIM teams. They have a great demo that they put on, and it would be very helpful for you and your boss to at least see what's out there. If you're a company that already works from spools, then BIMPro or AlliedBIM is a very serious next step that your company needs to consider, especially if using ITM's in Revit. It is the next step and the gain on labor cost and time savings is enormous. These tools work VERY well, and Revit out of the box simply cannot do what these tools can do, especially if you consider Tigerstop Saw Tables, hanger cut sheets and label maker, etc.

I know people using this software and all their hangers are delivered on site precut and color coded with tags and installed from a laser. I've seen jobs that should take 24 months to build take 7 months because of processes like this.

-TZ

Current Local Time

Thanks, I did see BIMPro's demo this week and it looks fantastic. Our goal is to one day automate as much as possible so I think it's a great step forward. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear that I'm headed in the right direction since I am the one choosing the software. We're kind of going in a little blind but I feel like we're on the right path.

Current Local Time

You're on the right path. Get ready to get blamed for everything when you go full prefab, haha. Not that superintendents don't already do that but it gets worse.

-TZ

Current Local Time

I'll prepare myself for that ha ha