Thread: NWD to Revit

Current Local Time
    01:45 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

NWD to Revit

Hi guys,

I am working with a naviswork NWD file, and it is horrible.. I can't hook myself to anything, the object is just transparent and not a complete solid.. is there a way I could convert the NWD file into a complete geometry?

thanks for your help!

Forum Addict
    Current Local Time
    11:45 AM

If I am not mistaken the NWD file is the Navisworks coordination model. There is a button in revit to "link coordination model" (on the insert tab) and this will let you view it in revit

Current Local Time
    08:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Midaz View Post
    Hi guys,

I am working with a naviswork NWD file, and it is horrible.. I can't hook myself to anything, the object is just transparent and not a complete solid.. is there a way I could convert the NWD file into a complete geometry?

thanks for your help!
    Not really. My understanding is that it isnt really "there," so much as its a graphical representation to show you what would be there. Thats Its also not solid, which is why it wont show in Hidden Line mode.

Current Local Time
    01:45 AM

makes sense Twice,

Actually, it was an autocad 3D shape, it was not working at all with NWD file. The reason for this was that I could not any face to work with.. no anchor no nothing..
    With Autocad import it was horrible and was not showing 90% of the model, however, the best way I found was to export as a DXF file, then import into revit. That way I had the full 3D model and could use the faces anchor !