Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autodesk Docs in AEC Collection from today

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    04:44 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Autodesk Docs in AEC Collection from today

I've just had an email from Autodesk saying that from today I can access Autodesk Docs as part of my AEC Collection.

Would anyone know is this a new thing or something that has been available as an add-on perhaps? And how it might be useful for Revit users?

Many thanks.

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    05:44 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's the new name for BIM360 Docs if i'm not mistaken. It's the move to the new construction cloud platform, I think the fact that the Docs would be included in the Collections was announced around AU?

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    10:44 PM

From what I understand, they are basically rebranding BIM 360 as Autodesk Docs.
    It's mostly BIM 360 Design, but they are also adding automatic Cloud-based Clash detection - sort of like they do with Publish.
    I'll admit I'm confused over exactly HOW this works, though. Seems to me it's a bit like the change from Teams to 360. You have to commit to having your project in either 306 or ADocs

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    10:44 PM

Here's an Autodesk Article comparing features:
    (Not that this makes things clearer, though)
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...53PT0ifQ%3D%3D

5.    #5
    Current Local Time
    09:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    From what I understand, they are basically rebranding BIM 360 as Autodesk Docs.
    It's mostly BIM 360 Design, but they are also adding automatic Cloud-based Clash detection - sort of like they do with Publish.
    I'll admit I'm confused over exactly HOW this works, though. Seems to me it's a bit like the change from Teams to 360. You have to commit to having your project in either 306 or ADocs
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Here's an Autodesk Article comparing features:
    (Not that this makes things clearer, though)
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...53PT0ifQ%3D%3D
    Looking at the link, BIM 360 Design is being rebranded to Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro ... of which Autodesk Docs is a feature, but not the whole thing.

6.    #6
    Current Local Time
    08:44 PM

BIM 360 Docs and Autodesk Docs are 2 different things. Autodesk Docs is not a rebranding of BIM 360 Docs. Autodesk Docs is the basis for the Integrated Platform that is the culmination of the integration of Plangrid and BIM 360.

Autodesk Docs that comes with the Collections allows users to start projects in the Autodesk Construction Cloud platform. It also gives backwards compatibility to BIM 360 Docs...those licensed to Autodesk Docs can also access BIM 360 Docs projects.

BIM 360 Design, on the other hand, DOES have a new name: Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro. Your Revit Cloud Worksharing projects can now live in a BIM 360 Docs project, OR in a Autodesk Docs project.

7.    #7
    Current Local Time
    05:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D Davis View Post
    BIM 360 Docs and Autodesk Docs are 2 different things. Autodesk Docs is not a rebranding of BIM 360 Docs. Autodesk Docs is the basis for the Integrated Platform that is the culmination of the integration of Plangrid and BIM 360.

Autodesk Docs that comes with the Collections allows users to start projects in the Autodesk Construction Cloud platform. It also gives backwards compatibility to BIM 360 Docs...those licensed to Autodesk Docs can also access BIM 360 Docs projects.

BIM 360 Design, on the other hand, DOES have a new name: Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro. Your Revit Cloud Worksharing projects can now live in a BIM 360 Docs project, OR in a Autodesk Docs project.
    hi Scott - Ive been reading up on this and got a little lost. When one starts a new project how do you actually get it on the Autodesk Construction Cloud (i.e. into an Autodesk Docs project?) Is BIM 360 now on the Autodesk Contruction cloud so if you start a new project you dont have a choice on what platform to use? If that is so - does this mean your existing BIM 360 Doc licenses will not work on that project?

8.    #8
    Current Local Time
    04:44 AM

Thanks Scott,

Like Alex, I've been reading as much as I can find online and can't really figure out how Docs works for a single user, although I can see that it is one part of a larger set of services.

I see Docs listed in my 'Complete list of products and services' but it needs an account activating. Online Help on creating a Docs account points me at BIM 360 help, but going there just leaves me to search and I eventually gave up.

Any pointers on where to search would be much appreciated.

cheers,

9.    #9
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Page View Post
    hi Scott - Ive been reading up on this and got a little lost. When one starts a new project how do you actually get it on the Autodesk Construction Cloud (i.e. into an Autodesk Docs project?) Is BIM 360 now on the Autodesk Construction cloud so if you start a new project you dont have a choice on what platform to use? If that is so - does this mean your existing BIM 360 Doc licenses will not work on that project?
    Alex, I'm looking into this, as its a bit new to me as well :-), but I think that if you are in an account as an admin at docs.b360.autodesk.com (the older BIM 360 Docs) and start a new project from that interface, it will be in the BIM 360 platform. If you are in the new interface at acc.autodesk.com as an admin and start a new project, it will be in the new integrated Autodesk Docs platform.

I'm verifying this, and will let you know as soon as i know more...

10.    #10
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by willsud View Post
    Thanks Scott,

Like Alex, I've been reading as much as I can find online and can't really figure out how Docs works for a single user, although I can see that it is one part of a larger set of services.

I see Docs listed in my 'Complete list of products and services' but it needs an account activating. Online Help on creating a Docs account points me at BIM 360 help, but going there just leaves me to search and I eventually gave up.

Any pointers on where to search would be much appreciated.

cheers,
    checking into this...will get back asap....