Thread: Revit, Enscape and VR

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    04:13 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Revit, Enscape and VR

I'm looking to do some virtual reality presentations via Enscape and Revit and was wondering if anyone else had some experience doing this. If so, what hardware minimums would you recommend? Enscape's website says a Quadro RTX 5000 is recommended for a graphics card, however, it adds $1,500 to the cost of a machine. If anyone has any real world experience and would be willing to share the specs, I'd very much appreciate it.

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    03:13 PM

I rarely sell an Enscape user a Quadro but if you have to have a Quadro, that would be my recommended starting point as well. The RTX 4000 would not be too bad if it was not a single slot cooler. The RTX 4000 technically performs better than a GTX 1660 in their recommended requirements but I think they exclude it due to possible heat issues causing the card to run poorly with that single slot cooler.

This is such a personalized question for your exact models and such but the GeForce RTX3060ti/3070 w/8GB of vram would be the starting point in todays market. I feel safer recommending the RTX 3080 for what you are planning due to the 10GB of vram. Honestly the RTX 3070 is excellent and close to last gen RTX 2080ti in some tasks, it is just a shame Nvidia only gave it 8GB of vram. If you know you are ok with 8GB of vram I would not worry about getting either a 3060ti/3070 providing the budget requirements.

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    04:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with one of MSI's workstation laptops with a RTX 5000. It feels like a bit much but it should future proof the hardware for a while too.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    03:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick17 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with one of MSI's workstation laptops with a RTX 5000. It feels like a bit much but it should future proof the hardware for a while too.
    That or one with a mobile RTX 3080, also has 16GB vram and seem to perform the same. Either way, will make for a good experience