Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Solve the problem of multi-materials non-existing tread in stair

  1.    #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 16, 2021
    Posts
    6
    Current Local Time
    01:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Smile Solve the problem of multi-materials non-existing tread in stair

    have a question about getting the solution to adding multi-materials for Tread in the Monolithic stair due to it consisting of such as plaster, sand, and marble ( not one material ) how can adding more materials
    Please help me

  2.    #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 16, 2021
    Posts
    6
    Current Local Time
    01:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Please Help me

  3.    #3
    Member d.stairmand's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24, 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    428
    Current Local Time
    01:07 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    you have the options to adjust with the Monolithic Material (Lets call this the structure or concrete) and then the Tread & Riser Material (you can adjust these individually).

    What I normally do is make the Tread & Riser the overall thickness of the Marble & Adhesive Mortar, & in your Instance, a Marble Material.

  4.    #4
    Forum Addict elton williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,897
    Current Local Time
    11:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I create a second stair for the tile that sits on top.

  5.    #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 16, 2021
    Posts
    6
    Current Local Time
    01:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    d.stairmand
    That's cool but I need to select more than one material for Tread And Rise ...
    I choose the material of tread and rise from the Materials and finishes box .. there is attached photos explain thatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (27).png 
Views:	11 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	40367
    Would there any way to add more than one material for Tread and Rise ???

  6.    #6
    Member
    Join Date
    December 8, 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    272
    Current Local Time
    06:07 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanan Dai View Post
    Would there any way to add more than one material for Tread and Rise ???
    AFAIK it is not possible to specify more than one material.

    You can though, use the paint tool if you want to change the material on a specific tread or riser -- so you could get multiple materials on a flight of stairs. However, i don't know that you can split face it to use multiple materials on a single tread or riser (i've never tried nor would i want to).

  7.    #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 16, 2021
    Posts
    6
    Current Local Time
    01:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjosiah View Post
    AFAIK it is not possible to specify more than one material.

    You can though, use the paint tool if you want to change the material on a specific tread or riser -- so you could get multiple materials on a flight of stairs. However, i don't know that you can split face it to use multiple materials on a single tread or riser (i've never tried nor would i want to).
    Thanx ...

  8.    #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 16, 2021
    Posts
    6
    Current Local Time
    01:07 PM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Thanx .. kingjosiah
    But I didn't ask you about trying to solve this gap ... sooo thanx again


    If there are any body have the way to deal with this gab ... I am waiting the Solution
    Many thanx
    Last edited by Hanan Dai; April 19th, 2021 at 09:54 PM.

  9.    #9
    Member
    Join Date
    December 8, 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    272
    Current Local Time
    06:07 AM

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hanan,

    Your end goal is not clear. Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish so that we can best help rather than us trying to play a guessing game? There have been a few solutions provided, but none which seem to suit your fancy.

    Is it graphics or renderings you are after? Do you want to tag/identify the materials? Are you trying to do material takeoffs?

    All that i've heard thus far is that you want multiple materials per tread. So again.....no, there is not a way to specify multiple materials per tread, or per riser. You can choose one, and only one....one for the tread definition and one for the riser definition. So you either model a second stair like Elton suggested, or you paint the tread like i said (see below). Painting the tread will work if you are documenting in 3D; you will not see the multiple materials in plan view. Your best bet in that case is modeling the 2nd stair.

    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stair Tread Paint.jpg   Stair Tread Paint Plan.jpg  

  10.    #10
    Member d.stairmand's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24, 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    428
    Current Local Time
    01:07 AM

    Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjosiah View Post
    Hanan,

    Your end goal is not clear. Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish so that we can best help rather than us trying to play a guessing game? There have been a few solutions provided, but none which seem to suit your fancy.

    Is it graphics or renderings you are after? Do you want to tag/identify the materials? Are you trying to do material takeoffs?

    All that i've heard thus far is that you want multiple materials per tread. So again.....no, there is not a way to specify multiple materials per tread, or per riser. You can choose one, and only one....one for the tread definition and one for the riser definition. So you either model a second stair like Elton suggested, or you paint the tread like i said (see below). Painting the tread will work if you are documenting in 3D; you will not see the multiple materials in plan view. Your best bet in that case is modeling the 2nd stair.

    Jon
    I like the way you did the Tread Nosing - Very slick

    Question - Is that just a "Split Face" on the Stair & then a "Paint" Material for the Nosing?

Similar Threads

  1. Stair Tread Obscuring Stair Path Arrow
    By Manderson in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2019, 08:22 PM
  2. 2015 use baluster per tread on stair (with no top rail?)
    By ledgewood33 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
  3. Stair by Component - Stair tread profile & detail components
    By Jj Mac in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
  4. Stair Tread number tool - Is it possible to make it work over multi level stairs?
    By darkwing in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
  5. Stair - extra line at tread
    By DaveP in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •