Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Autodesk Support Request set up STINKS.

Current Local Time
    08:54 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

The new Autodesk Support Request set up STINKS.

Not in the way it works, the SalesForce setup is actually a little smoother than the old set up. But some of the things they have written in it are borderline offensive.

They ask you to pick severity, Level 1- critical, Level 2- Severe, Level 3- Low. Or something. They give you descriptions. Get this:

Its only CRITICAL if the software isnt even functioning and theres NO WORKAROUND. It says "Please note: if a workaround is available your issue will be downgraded to Level 2."

What the heck??? So i have a file where (for no reason) the Phase Filters will not work. And believe me, i know my way around Revit. Its a faulty file. Used the same template, graphical overrides, Phase filters, view settings, view filters, as EVERY OTHER FILE IN MY OFFICE.

So, since the workaround "select everything demolished in the view and right click > override" is available, that means this SR is less critical? THEN, when i submitted it, its severity went to a phantom setting "normal." AND I CANT CHANGE IT!

I am not happy. Feedback will be sent.

Current Local Time
    07:54 AM

That's awful. I used to work in Microstation, I miss their support very much! I've never had better customer support for anything else. I never had to wait more than a day for a final answer to get a problem solved. One issue I had earlier this year, Autodesk was responding to my questions a week at a time, it was unbelievable, took over a month to get a resolution from them.
    Good luck! I hope they listen to your feedback.

Current Local Time

Ive met the support crew, and i talk to them a lot. Theyre really a great bunch... Most of them, anyway. This isnt something with THEM specifically, it sounds like another corporate handout. I just dont like that i have to prove to a machine that its CRITICAL, and that "if they can hack around it, its less serious." If i wanted to hack around architecture, id still work in CAD.

Current Local Time
    09:54 AM

I hate the new subscription support system as well. Note that similar to AUGI, all of the additional comments and responses from Autodesk that were added to the old support requests are now gone. All that is left is the original request. And the whole system is littered with script errors.

Current Local Time
    07:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by brethomp View Post
    I hate the new subscription support system as well. Note that similar to AUGI, all of the additional comments and responses from Autodesk that were added to the old support requests are now gone. All that is left is the original request. And the whole system is littered with script errors.
    Always felt that a lot of Autodesk just doesn't get the 'web'. I love a lot of what Autodesk does, and some of it's tools, but in other ways they still seem like such an 1980's era software company to me!

Current Local Time

It's worse for me, working on the reseller end. I have to deal with that interface constantly and with a variety of programs. On the flip side, my company already actively uses Salesforce so it's barely a change...and it's sure a lot better than the old interface which was clunky and garbage.

Forum Co-Founder Alfredo Medina's Avatar
    Current Local Time
    09:54 AM

Welcome to the forum, Brian. It's nice to see you here.

Current Local Time

Hello Alfredo, I'm an equal opportunity Forum cruiser! :-) I look forward to helping as this Forum develops.

Current Local Time
    01:54 AM

I have noticed a change as well following the new web layout, I can only speculate as well but it looks like the new priority system is being enforced more. I generally log a number of support requests which are basically just confirming a bug, and checking if there is a better solution. In the past response times have been fast, and all appears to be passed onto the dev. team which is good as well (that's what the techs are telling me anyway!) But with the new system things look to be a lot slower in response times.

Current Local Time

Theyre insanely slow. I filed an SR last week about a model that- flat out- has Phase Filters not working at all (when i made the post originally), and no one has even asked for the model yet. Normally theyve asked for that before a half a work day has gone by.