Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: Revit Hardware : Video Graphic Cards

Current Local Time
    08:05 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreverwasted View Post
    We are a mechanical engineering business. We do bespoke packages for leisure centres. As well as department stores. We design the HVAC systems in use at these places. So lots of pipework and ductwork as well as plantrooms. In terms of rendering its not something we have ever needed really. Maybe in the future doing some rendering on our plantrooms for clients might be nice. But in terms of what Enscape and Lumion offer. I doubt we will ever need to use software like that. Got to say though. Wow. Tha'ts some amazing stuff there after taking a quick look at Enscape and Lumion. Very impressive!
    In that case, if that cooler is good enough and I don't see why not, but RemisCS has more knowledge on that, I'd go with the 10900k for sure.
    But the 10700k with a 2060 GPU will fly as well, in day to day work I doubt you will notice the 0.2 Ghz difference and those extra core Revit won't use anyway.

Current Local Time
    07:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    In that case, if that cooler is good enough and I don't see why not, but RemisCS has more knowledge on that, I'd go with the 10900k for sure.
    But the 10700k with a 2060 GPU will fly as well, in day to day work I doubt you will notice the 0.2 Ghz difference and those extra core Revit won't use anyway.
    Thank you for your reply Robin. I will have another look at the spec. If I can save some money and still have a decent machine for Revit that will last for years. I will be happy. So maybe a 10700 + RTX 2060 Super will be fine. 300 saved too when compared to getting the i9 and 2070 super!

Very much appreciate your advice!

Current Local Time
    11:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverwasted View Post
    As mentioned in my specs. I will be using a Corsair H100x liquid cooler. 240mm radiator with 2x 120mm fans. Should cope with the i9 ok right?
    My fault, lol thats what happens when I post at 2am after a day of building systems. 240mm AIO should do well with the 10900k at stock. That said, I always give priority to the CPU over GPU in Revit builds.

As Robin mentioned though, either will be great and I bet in a blind test no one could tell the difference in performance. The 9900k was and is an amazing CPU for Revit, the 10700k is that CPU with a clock speed improvement.

Back to GPU though, the 2060 SUPER would do great and it is much easier upgrading a GPU in the future if your clients needs change rather than doing CPU swap later on.

4.    #564
    Current Local Time
    06:05 AM

Hello all,

what do you think about using the GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC 6GB graphics card?
    Do you know if it manages shader Model 5.0 and directx 11?

thanks for all your answer !!!

5.    #565
    Current Local Time
    08:05 AM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Shader model 6.5 and DirectX 12, so yep it has.
    Should work well for Revit, will get a different one if you use Enscape as well.